Assistant Professor - School of Design and Environment
FACULTY APPOINTMENT (TENURE TRACK SCHEME)
The Department of Building, School of Design and Environment, National University of Singapore invites applications for faculty appointments on the Tenure‐Track Scheme in Project Management (PM).
Candidates should possess a recent doctoral degree and have teaching and postdoctoral research experience. Successful candidates will be required to teach modules and supervise dissertations at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Successful candidates under the tenure track will also be required to undertake cutting‐edge research for which facilities and funds are available on a competitive basis. More specific requirements are, but not limited to:
- Great combination of diverse, multi‐disciplinary managerial and technical background to teach and research PM areas.
- Skillsets that are resilient enough to cross boundaries to research/teach in areas as diverse as internationalization and innovation.
- PMcompetence for adopting disruptive technology (e.g., Digital‐Twin, Cyber‐Security, AI, Automation & Robotics, Big‐Data, Marching/Deep Learning, BIM, AR/VR, etc).
- Impactful publications and indicators showing strong performance vis‐à‐vis peers at the top universities in the domain area;
- Research areas that can contribute to innovate and add values to the fundamental as well as applied and translational research domains that the department has been working on;
- Versatility to adapt quickly to offer what students/markets want.
- Capacity to cover the teaching areas of Project Management/QS/Architectural Engineering
About the University and Department
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is a research‐intensive university. The Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings 2019 has placed NUS at 11th worldwide and first in Asia. The Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings has ranked NUS as 23rd in the world and second in the Asia‐Pacific University Rankings in 2019. NUS School of Design and Environment has been named the world's #9 in Architecture/Built Environment in the 2016 QS World University Rankings by Subject.
The Department's vision is to become a global leader in project and facilities management. It offers an undergraduate honours programme in Project and Facilities Management, as well as graduate programmes in “Project Management”, “Building Performance and Sustainability”, and “Facilities Management (to be launched in 2021)”. The Department also offers higher degree programmes by research. The two broad areas of research focus are in Project Management and Facilities Management. Information about the Department can be found at https://www.sde.nus.edu.sg/bdg/
The successful candidates will find a stimulating environment that contributes to the education of future leaders of the construction industry, and the encouragement and resources to undertake cutting‐edge research. The University offers competitive remunerative packages including subsidised housing for expatriate faculty members.
To apply, please email to the Chair of Search Committee (c/o firstname.lastname@example.org): (a) An application letter specifying your teaching interests and experience; (b) A detailed curriculum vitae; (c) A statement (maximum of 3 pages) of teaching philosophy and methodology; and evidence of teaching ability; (d) A statement (maximum of 3 pages) of major accomplishments in research, citing up to 5 significant publications or other scholarly contribution, and explaining their significance; (e) Contact details of 3 referees; (f) NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants.
The closing date for applications is open until the position is filled. We regret that only shortlisted candidates are notified.
Apply for Assistant Professor - School of Design and Environment
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly