Research Fellow, Civil And Environmental Engineering
1 day left
- Full Time
The Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering of NUS invite applications for a research fellow in Geophysics & Petroleum Geosciences. The Departments have established a Petroleum Engineering Programme to strengthen education and research in disciplines of importance to the upstream oil and gas industry. This initiative will complement out active education and research programme in Offshore Engineering and Subsea Engineering in NUS. The Centre for Offshore Research & Engineering (CORE), hosted by the Faculty of Engineering, is the key node for the Maritime Institute @ National University of Singapore, and is a focal point for the Offshore Technology research that is strongly supported by the national agencies and leading companies.
Applicants should possess the following qualifications:
- PhD degree in Geophysics, Mathematics or related fields.
- Strong motivation to work independently on challenging scientific and engineering problems.
- Strong programming and analytical abilities.
- General curiosity, critical thinking, and ability to identify valuable research topics.
- Strong communication skills, ability to write well, and a good research record.
- Ability to carry out complex assignments including in-depth assessment, interpretation, and evaluation of research outcomes.
- Experience in one or more of the disciplines, such as rock physics, geophysics, reservoir characterization, petrophysics, and related areas would be an advantage.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Civil And Environmental Engineering