A Research Assistant / Engineer position is open in the research group of Assistant Professor Wang Hao, at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, National University of Singapore (NUS).
The group is committed to establishing the fundamental sciences in the field of micro-manufacturing based on experimental works and numerical findings.
We are seeking a self-motivated candidate to enhance the quality of research in the fields of micromachining and material characterization of additive manufactured components and difficult-to-machine materials. He/she should possess interest in at least one of the above-mentioned research areas.
The Research Assistant / Engineer will work closely with the Principal Investigator (PI) and supporting staff and student members on one or more research projects. The job scope will include: -
- Experimental research under the supervision of the PI and supporting research members;
- Writing technical reports and manuscripts;
- Proofreading and language correction for publications;
- Collaboration with a strong research team in a wide range of topics in micro-manufacturing; and
- Engineering design, fabrication and procurement of laboratory instruments and fixtures. Applicants will be reviewed based on their research ability and language proficiency. Preference will be given to candidates with a good publication and/or academic record.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related area. Preference will be given to holders of a Master’s degree in the relevant area;
- Excellent command of English;
- Experience in any of the relevant fields such as machining, material characterization, additive manufacturing, etc.; and
- Background in engineering design software.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Mechanical Engineering