General Manager/Pro Vice Chancellor Global Engagement
- Full Time
- Senior strategic role within Swinburne University
- Full time 5-year fixed term position at our Hawthorn campus
- Attractive remuneration package
About the Job
The General Manager/Pro Vice Chancellor (Global Engagement) will provide leadership across the University, with responsibility for Swinburne’s internationalisation strategy development and deployment and global engagement. Reporting to the Deputy Vice Chancellor, Global & Community Engagement, this position will assume accountability of achieving annual recruitment targets for international vocational education, foundation, pathway, undergraduate, postgraduate and HDR students through all channels, working collaboratively with and across the University and existing partners as required.
The position will also provide strategic leadership and oversight of international education and research partnerships. Additionally, the position will have a significant focus on securing future partnerships that deliver quality educational outcomes that strengthen Swinburne’s presence on the global stage.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a multi-sector university of science, technology and innovation with more than 54,000 students and 5,000 staff globally. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
To be suitable for the role you will be a strong commercial and people leader with proven tertiary sector experience, particularly in driving a culture of achievements that encourages innovative and efficient delivery of strategies, with an ability to enhance Swinburne’s profile internationally and build strategic connections. You will provide strategic leadership and advice to multiple stakeholders and possess excellent interpersonal, consultation and collaboration skills, to meet the University’s Strategic plan.
- In conjunction with the relevant Deputy Vice Chancellors (DVCs), oversee the development, implementation and ongoing improvement of effective strategies to develop new international partnerships, strengthen existing partnerships and establish clear expectations about the level of expected performance to achieve the University’s strategic goals.
- Lead the development of recruitment strategies that support the University’s growth goals and targets for all international vocational education, foundation, pathway, undergraduate, postgraduate and HDR students through all channels;
- Working with Swinburne Research, providing strategic leadership and support for all international research partnerships.
- Provide high level advice to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Global & Community Engagement) and other senior leaders, including strategies to optimise the provision and use of university partnerships and commercial opportunities
- Drive the ‘commercial value-add’ to the University by providing insights into performance across the International function.
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
- Private health insurance discounts
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Careers at Swinburne
How to apply and further information
If you are interested in learning more about this appointment, please contact the executive search consultants assisting the University, Dr Rohan Carr or Ms Emily Witts at The Insight Group by phone: 613 9654 3288 or email: email@example.com
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for women for 10 years in a row and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan. Equity and diversity are integral to our 2025 vision to be a world-class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on Wednesday 2nd March 2021