Lecturer and Senior Lecturers for HRM Program
Lecturer and Senior Lecturers for HRM Program
Job no: 591488
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Hanoi
Categories: Education, Teaching and Research, Human Resources
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT
RMIT Vietnam’s School of Business and Management has established a reputation for excellence in business and management education, providing high quality, industry responsive programs relevant to the national and global marketplace. Department of Management includes disciplines: Management, Human Resources Management & Entrepreneurship, International Business, Tourism & Hospitality Management, Business Administration.
We deliver work ready graduates. In today’s competitive environment, professionals need the skills to adapt to an ever-changing business world. With RMIT Vietnam's close partnerships with industry, our students are engaged with some of industry’s top business people, receiving knowledge and skills aligned directly with their specific career paths. At RMIT Vietnam, we give our students the skills to address real-world business issues.
HRM AT RMIT
RMIT University, a thought leader in Human Resource Management education, with strong industry connections and a global teaching staff, will be collaborating with Lee Hecht Harrison, world-class talent management consultancy firm to deliver this 5-day intensive course "Contemporary Professional HRM practices". This course is appropriate for HR professionals who would like to complement their on-the-job experience with formal learning; or professionals in other fields interested in a career change to HR.
When you join our HRM Program Team, as either a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer, you will bring your expert knowledge, education and experience to add significant value and impact to the teaching, research and industry engagement related activities involved in this role. As an academic member of staff, you can expect to team across undergraduate, Masters and Graduate Diploma programs whilst developing your own scholarly, research and professional capabilities. You will actively promote the HRM program through establishing and maintaining networks and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities (locally and internationally).
For a more detailed insight into the role please view the JD.
- Relevant Ph.D.
- Proven teaching experience in Human Resource Management. (Foreign candidates must have at least 5 years of teaching experience at University level, to qualify for a work permit).
- Industry or professional experience in HRM related areas with ability to work with external partners, industries and organisations.
- Well established and consistent internationally ranked publication record for Senior Lecturer appointment.
- Highly rated performance relating to student outcomes, student experience and feedback
- Excellent team player
- Culturally adept and agile.
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for Vietnamese candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance upon commencement of role (with support to relocate overseas candidate (and family) from home location to Vietnam under current global COVID19 restrictions) + private medical insurance
- Vietnamese candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance + annual health check.
- 20 days annual leave plus 5 days paid leave Xmas closure, plus public holidays and paid sick leave.
- Support and guidance from experienced Mobility Advisor to assist in work permit and visa application together with relocation to and settling into living and working in Vietnam.
As an expatriate candidate you will require a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit you will need a PhD qualification and you will need to be able to demonstrate at least 5 years of teaching HRM related subject in a tertiary education environment.
English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS Academic 7.0 and with no band less than 6.5 (or equivalent).
Hanoi and HCMC based positions for Lecturer and Senior Lecturer roles
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close 31st March 2021
Advertised: 29 Jan 2021 SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: 31 Mar 2021 SE Asia Standard Time