Open Rank Principal Investigator at Life Sciences Institute
Would you like to learn more about moving your academic career to Zhejiang University (ZJU)? If so, register for our Careers in China webinar mini-series for a chance to meet representatives from ZJU and discuss the latest opportunities there.
Applications are invited for open rank principal investigator (PI) position at Life Sciences Institute (LSI), Zhejiang University.
Founded in October 2009, LSI is the first “special academic zone” of Zhejiang University. As a key construction project of Zhejiang University, LSI enjoys autonomy in scientific research, human resources, and budgeting as well as an independent graduate training program. Led by Director Dr. Xin-Hua Feng and Co-Director Dr. Kun-Liang Guan, LSI aims for an internationally recognized institute of biomedical research. We are currently recruiting scientists at all ranks, from Investigator to Senior and Distinguished Investigators, regardless of specific areas of research. Candidates with strong track record in cancer biology, stem cell biology, inflammation biology, chemical biology, structural biology (Cryo EM) and other major areas related to human diseases are particularly encouraged.
LSI has established an interdisciplinary research program, state-of-the-art core facilities, and efficient administrative support, all aiming to support cutting edge biomedical research. LSI also offers generous and internationally competitive packages for incoming PIs, including salary/benefit (≥400,000 RMB), housing (or housing subsidies), and start-up research support (≥5,000,000 RMB).
Zhejiang University “New Hundred Talents Program”
The newly launched “New Hundred Talents Program” is aimed at attracting outstanding scholars both at home and abroad. To those recruited via this program, the university is to adopt an international academic standard and procedure --- the tenure track system.
The university plans to recruit distinguished scholars from both China and abroad by the “Hundred Talents Program”. Ample funds are available for this program to ensure that scholars have a favorable academic environment and optimum working and living conditions so that they can be dedicated to academic research and the advancement of their fields.
LSI adopts a tenure-track system and is seeking applications for an open rank position:
- Distinguished Investigator: candidates should have a world-class level of research achievements and international prestige in a specific field of life sciences, with the ability to participate in leading LSI’s development to enhance the overall research quality and recognition of the Institute in China and abroad.
- Senior Investigator: Candidates should have obtained (or is expected to obtain) tenured faculty positions with a strong research background, internationally-recognized research quality and reputation, and the capability of leading innovative research.
- Investigator: Candidates should have several years of postdoctoral training in the life sciences, a strong publication record with influential academic papers in international academic journals, and the ability to carry out independent and innovative research.
To apply, please submit the following materials to:
Contact: Ms. Geng
Tel: +86- 0571-88206016
- A full CV and the future research plan;
- Documents to demonstrate your academic achievements (such as copies of your representative publications …);
- At least three letters of recommendation delivered directly by the referees to email@example.com.
Apply for Open Rank Principal Investigator at Life Sciences Institute
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly