System Dev Ops Engineer
We are looking for an energetic and passionate individual to join our infrastructure team as a System DevOps Engineer in Administrative Systems within University IT. The group delivers authentication and authorization services along with many essential servers, storage, Docker/Kubernetes framework & services, both on premise and the cloud.
This position will focus on auto deployment services in the cloud and migrate existing services to the cloud. The incumbent works closely with other System DevOps & Application Engineers. A successful candidate should have a strong experience in Google/AWS DevOps engineering and strong Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery framework.
- Design, develop, build and deploy systems & applications.
- Work with other technical professionals to develop standards and implement best practices. - Compare, evaluate, and implement new features and technologies.
- Work as a project lead and technical lead on moderate & complex projects.
- Responsible for continuous integration and continuous deployment for multiple initiatives.
- Oversee the support, maintenance, operation and upgrades of applications.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and eight years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Infrastructure as Code experience - Terraform, Puppet, Ansible (Proficient in one of these)
- Containerization and cluster management technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Continuous integration and Continues development experience
- Public cloud platforms expertise - Amazon, Google, Azure
- Knowledge on Linux based platforms, and Scripting in Shell/Python
- Knowledge in programming languages - Python/ Go / Ruby / Java Script
- Experience with open source software
- Code /projects examples (e.g. hosted on GitHub or other public available platform) or published DevOps related articles
- Solid Networking fundamentals
WHY STANFORD IS FOR YOU
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy.
Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
Note: University IT is located at the Stanford Redwood City campus. In response to COVID-19 and Shelter in Place requirements, Stanford University has decided that except when work can’t be done remotely, all staff will continue to work from home (temporary remote) until the end of June 2021. The department will give reasonable notice when employees are expected to return to work at the Redwood City campus.
We are not able to provide sponsorship or relocation for this position.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4833
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: K
- Requisition ID: 88269