Business & Management Faculty
THE COLLEGE OF BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT
Through its excellence in teaching, research and innovation, the College of Business & Management (CBM) aims to nurture and develop competent business professionals, leaders and entrepreneurs with integrity who are critical thinkers and aspire to move Vietnam to a respectful position in the world.
The College offers two degree programs: Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management. With our AACSB compliance, Cornell University certified curricula, world-class international and Vietnamese faculty members, modern pedagogical approaches, and infrastructure at the forefront of technology, we will prepare our students to become leaders and innovators with entrepreneurial mindset, to be employed by top employers or successfully self-employed.
With a vision to become a research focused college, the College of Business and Management will soon offer different graduate programs and provide the desirable research environment for our faculty members to conduct world-class research and pursue advances in business. Moreover, with the advantage of being in the ecosystem of Vingroup with a number of leading companies such as Vinpearl, Vinhomes, VinHMS, VinFast, VinTech, and Vincom Retail, the College will collaborate closely with these companies in research to create breakthrough products, services and solutions.
The College of Business and Management at VinUniversity is recruiting multiple entrepreneurial-minded and innovative faculty members at all tracks:
- Research track
- Teaching track
in all ranks:
- Distinguished professors,
- Associate Professors,
- Assistant Professors,
- Senior Lecturers,
- Adjunct Professors/Lecturers
in all major fields of business administration including, but not limited to:
- Business Analytics and Statistics
- Business Communications
- Database Management
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Food Service and Restaurant Management
- Human Resources Management & Organizational Behavior & Leadership
The College of Business and Management at VinUniversity is also recruiting Program Directors for each of its two degree programs: Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management. If you are interested in applying for this position, please indicate your interest in your cover letter.
The College of Business and Management faculty members will have three major responsibilities: teaching, research, and service. The workload allocation will be based on faculty rank and track in alignment with generally accepted international standards and practices at universities accredited by AACSB.
- Have a master/doctorate degree in related fields from established prestigious universities.
- Have a strong knowledge of the subject area combined with a broad subject background enabling contributions to teaching programs.
- Have good experience in experiential leaning methods such as TBL (Team-based Learning), PBL (Project-based Learning), ABL (Action-based Learning) and can successfully employ them in all courses.
- Have a strong record of research accomplishments or potential for future accomplishments (research track)
- Have a high spirit and strong passion for education; demonstrate distinction and/or strong potential in research; Agile to embrace changes and take on new challenges; open-minded to new and different environments; team-player willing to contribute to organizational goals and initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
The salary and benefits are internationally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send (1) a cover letter, (2) a resume, (3) a teaching statement, (4) a research statement; and submit (5) a minimum of two recommendation letters and other relevant qualifications to email@example.com. In doing so, remember the following:
- Indicate in your cover letter which field, rank, and track you are applying for.
- Your resume should include a list of all courses you have taught with the teaching/student evaluation outcomes.
- Your teaching statement should specify teaching methods you have used in your courses and plan to use in your future courses (i.e., lecture, cases, flipped classroom, team-based learning, service-based learning, community-based learning, etc.).
- Your research statement should include the primary theme(s) of your past and current research and the theme(s) of your intended future research.
Consideration of candidates will occur on a rolling basis beginning April 2021 and will continue until the positions are filled. If you wish to nominate a candidate, please submit your letter of nomination with the candidate’s contact information (email addresses and phone numbers) to the Search Committee at the email address above and.
The desired start date is August 2021, subject to negotiation, to allow sufficient time for your course preparation for the upcoming fall semester. If you currently reside outside Vietnam, please indicate in your cover letter whether you can relocate to Hanoi, Vietnam in time (by September as latest). If not, please specify when you can.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
- Work permit: VinUniversity will assist in and provide advice for obtaining the necessary paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, work permit, insurance, etc.). However, it is your responsibility to ensure that you can satisfy all the paper requirements in a timely manner.
- According to Vietnamese Law, expatriates are required to submit all necessary documents for a work permit on the first day in Vietnam. For more information about the necessary documents, please refer to the information in this link.
- Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living and expatriates can live a very comfortable life here with a moderate expenditure.
On 2 March 2018, the Prime Minister of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam approved a proposal by VinGroup to create a new university in Vietnam, to be known as VinUniversity, or “VinUni”.
VinUni has strategic collaborations with the world’s leading universities, including Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania. These universities have become close advisors and crucial enablers in establishing the three colleges at VinUni: College of Business and Management, College of Engineering and Computer Science, and College of Health Sciences. Every aspect of the University: its curricula, research, faculty, student body, facilities, and campus life, is being developed to meet the highest standards set by the world’s leading accrediting and ranking organizations, such as ABET, AACSB, Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) and Times Higher Education (THE).
VinUniversity is the first private, not-for-profit Vietnamese university established based on international standards. The university integrates the models of excellent international universities with the unique cultural and economic characteristics of Vietnam, in order to make a breakthrough in Vietnamese higher education and to become a world-class university.
The mission of VinUniversity is to educate and train outstanding individuals, who are knowledgeable, capable, and passionate about contributing to improving themselves and societal conditions, inspiring the current and next generations, and making lasting positive impacts on global development.
On October 17th 2020, the first convocation of the first academic year 2020-2021 at VinUniversity marked the anniversary of opening the first talented and not for profit private university in Vietnam.
At the dawn of our Convocation, VinUniversity has been duly recognized by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) with 5-star ratings in the 3 evaluative criteria of Facilities, Academic Development, and Inclusiveness. Factually, QS reserves high regard for VinUni’s commitment to developing its academic environment guaranteeing 100% participation of faculty in mandatory training sessions to standardize and foster the pedagogy of active learning. Furthermore, every student is matched with an academic advisor who will closely mentor them throughout the entire program duration. QS likewise awards a 5-star rating for the university’s state-of-the-art facilities equipped with modern lecture halls, classrooms, stadium, dorms, library, healthcare, facilities…
The university’s policy for inclusiveness is also deemed holistic and thoughtful. Talented students are provided with the best support, regardless of their personal status. This effort is rated 5-star for effectively distribute the generous support from the founding donor - Vingroup JSC- as scholarships and financial aids to deserving students.
VinUniversity was founded by Vingroup Joint Stock Company (Vingroup JSC) as a private, not-for-profit university for the purpose of fostering and developing talents for the future.
Vingroup is one of the biggest private conglomerates in Asia with the largest market capitalization value in Vietnam. As a multisector corporation, Vingroup focuses on three main areas: Technology; Industrials; and Property Services.
Vingroup continues to pioneer and lead consumer trends in each of its businesses, introducing Vietnamese consumers to a brand new, modern lifestyle with international-standard products and services. Vingroup has created a respected, well-recognized Vietnamese brand and is proud to be one of the nation’s leading private enterprises.
VinUni is proud to be a part of the Vingroup ecosystem, giving our students opportunities to connect with several reputable research institutes (such as VinAI, VinBrain, and Vin BigData), pioneering industrial enterprises (such as VinSmart and VinFast), and leading Vietnamese companies (such as Vinpearl, Vincom Retail, Vinmec, and Vinhomes)
PRESS ABOUT VINUNIVERISTY
VNExpress >> VinUniversity's First Convocation Day
Forbes Vietnam >> VinUniversity's First Convocation Day
Vietnamnews >> VinUniversity inaugurates its first academic year
Vietnamnet >> VinUniversity achieves QS 5-star rating standards
Cornell Chronicle >> VinUnversity's Founding Provost - Professor Rohit Verma
Cornell Daily Sun >> Cornell-Vingroup's collaboration
Vietnam Economic Times >> Cornell-UPenn-Vingroup's collaboration
Vietnam News >> VinUniversity creates breakthrough in Higher Education quality
Philadelphia Business Journal >> Penn Medicine extends global reach to Vietnam