Associate Professor/Professor of Finance
- Full time, ongoing position
- Based in Hobart
- Support career development across the School
The College of Business and Economics consists of the School of Accounting, Economics and Finance, the School of Management and Marketing, and the Australian Institute of Health Service Management.
The School of Accounting, Economics and Finance provides a suite of finance offerings at both the undergraduate and postgraduate level and has a mission to support economic and social transformation in Tasmania, leading to a more prosperous community.
The University of Tasmania invites applications from experienced leaders to join the School of Accounting, Economics and Finance in the position of Associate Professor/Professor of Finance to provide ongoing, high level leadership in positioning the finance discipline.
This leadership-based role will undertake the position of Discipline Leader of the Finance area and will make a significant contribution to the development and fostering of research, learning, and teaching within the Discipline. Applicants with a contemporary and applied finance focus including a behavioural finance background are especially encouraged to apply.
- Provide leadership and assist the University in achieving it’s high-level objectives and fulfil operational responsibilities.
- Undertake high-quality research of international standing, secure funding, publish research findings and supervise higher degree students.
- Undertake scholarly undergraduate and postgraduate coursework teaching.
- Provide academic leadership in building teams and foster outstanding research and learning and teaching.
- Provide leadership in the development and maintenance of productive and effective links.
To be successful in the role, your cover letter will need to demonstrate;
- A PhD in the field of Finance or a similar relevant field.
- A substantial (Level D), or outstanding (Level E) record in and continuing commitment to research that has achieved international recognition.
- A substantial (Level D), or outstanding (Level E) record of successful research higher degree student supervision and completions.
- Extensive experience and achievement in University-level learning and teaching including evidence of the application of contemporary and innovative teaching practices.
- Proven ability as an academic leader.
- Capacity to build and maintain effective and productive links.
- An applied finance focus including a behavioural finance background (desirable).
Level D - Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level D and will have a total remuneration package of up to $178,164 comprising base salary within the range of $136,010 to $152,277 plus 17% superannuation.
Level E - Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level E and will have a total remuneration package of up to $210,344 comprising base salary within the range of $176,256 to $179,781 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role including the level of appointment you wish to apply for, and your responses to the position/selection criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Doctor Belinda Williams, Head of School, Belinda.Williams@utas.edu.au or 03 6324 3661.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Thursday, 18 February 2021, 11.55 pm