Programme Support Manager, Attendance
2 days left
- Full Time
Job Profile Administration - Administrative Roles
Contract Type Fixed Term
The Programme Support Manager (Attendance) will work with the Director of Law School Delivery to ensure the attendance recording, monitoring and audit processes are properly set up, aligned and implemented across the Law School. They will be responsible for ensuring all attendance related internal policies and regulatory requirements are complied with throughout the Law School for both domestic and international students. They will also assist the Director of Law School Delivery in the successful transition from the current regulatory regimes to the new regime.
BPP University Law School has a reputation for excellence in professional education built on a proven ability to offer students the skills they need to succeed in a legal career. Working with over 150 law firms, BPP prides itself on being at the cutting edge of professional legal education giving students the core skills and a competitive advantage to ensure success.
The Solicitors Regulatory Authority is introducing the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) and the Bar Standards Board is proposing changes to the Bar Professional Training Course. BPP considers that it is essential that BPP is positioned to offer the SQE across all its Law School programmes and deliver a market leading BPTC.
- Immediately following appointment, to assist the Director of Delivery to plan and manage the reorganization of the Law School Programme Support team into four broad areas of operation (Pre-registration Programme Support, On-programme Programme Support, Attendance Programme Support and Examinations Programme Support).
- Working with the Director of Law School Delivery and the Programme Support Manager (Pre-Registration), Programme Support Manager (On-Programme) and Programme Support Manager (Exams) to build and maintain relationships between the Law School and key BPP operations teams, including but not limited to Admissions, Study Visas, SRO, TTU, PMO and Academic Affairs.
- Working with the Programme Support Manager (Pre-Registration), Programme Support Manager (On-Programme) and Programme Support Manager (Exams) to ensure effective management across the Programme Support team (which will include deputising for each other as and when required).
- Managing Senior Programme Support Officers and Programme Support Officers responsible for attendance processes across the Law School.
- Building expert knowledge in the Law School attendance processes to work within and manage a dedicated delivery team.
- Building a good understanding of all Law School administrative and programme support processes to allow flexible working across teams, as required.
Please refer to the job description for full details
Department Law School - Delivery
Vacancy location UK, London, London Holborn
- Experience of building and maintaining strong relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Experience of data analysis and producing and managing documentation
- Experience of working in an academic environment
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – at all levels
- Able to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload and multi-task when necessary
- Excellent IT and data analysis skills (particularly Excel) and an ability to develop new solutions
- Able to develop rapport and build and maintain strong working relationships with Law School students, tutors and other internal stakeholders
- High attention to detail and strong administration and organisational skills
- Able to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Able to have ‘difficult conversations'
- Able to deal with difficult/sensitive issues
- Able to manage people and problems and resolve conflicts and find appropriate solutions
- Self-motivated, able to work under pressure, make decisions and apply flexible solutions
- Able to work on own initiative without daily supervision
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- A relevant degree
- Experience of working in the
- HE sector
- Experience of using project management tools
- Experience of HESA and Tier 4 requirements
Contract Hours 37.50
Salary 33,000 to 36,000
Full Job Description
Programme Support Manager (Attendance) Job Description.pdf (120 Kb)