Assistant Professor and Director, Centre for Biomedical Informatics
The Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine) invites applicants with an international reputation in the field of computational biology, bioinformatics and/or systems biology to apply for an appointment at Assistant Professor level with a concurrent appointment as Director of the LKCMedicine Centre for Biomedical Informatics. The successful applicant will be based full-time in Singapore. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of research and teaching in an innovative and vibrant new medical school.
LKCMedicine is a partnership between two of the world’s premier institutions of higher education and research, Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. The School offers a five-year MBBS degree jointly awarded by both institutions. The School graduated its first cohort of medical students in 2018 and has built up its research faculty and infrastructure to become a world-leading research institution.
Reporting to the Dean and Vice Dean, Research, the appointee is expected to undertake research in biomedical informatics/computational biology in line with the research strategy of the School and in conjunction with other recent appointments, to obtain research funding and to supervise research staff and students. The appointee will contribute to teaching and other educational activities for the training of medical students and postgraduate research students. As Director of the LKCMedicine Centre for Biomedical Informatics, the appointee will play a key leadership role in providing support for the analysis of the large-scale datasets that are being generated within LKCMedicine and NTU via facilities such as the Singapore Phenome Centre, the Cognitive Neuroimaging Centre and the Health for Life in Singapore study (HELIOS) as well as with external collaborators in line with the overarching research strategy of LKCMedicine.
- PhD and/or MBBS/MD degree(s)
- Relevant postdoctoral experience and demonstrable innovative research record
- Significant experience and outstanding, proven track record in building up infrastructure, core facilities and directives necessary to support research groups with Biomedical Informatics
- Ability to supervise junior research staff
- Proven track record of strong leadership
- Good communication skills and an appreciation for constructive teamwork
- Willing to participate in postgraduate and undergraduate education and training
Interested applicants are invited to apply to Associate Professor Andrew Tan, Vice-Dean, Faculty Affairs, for the above position with a detailed resume at the link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
More searches like this
- Medicine & Dentistry Senior Management & Heads of Department jobs in Singapore
- Medicine & Dentistry Directors jobs in Singapore
- Medicine & Dentistry Academic Posts jobs in Singapore
- Medicine & Dentistry Professors / Chairs jobs in Singapore
- Medicine & Dentistry Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Singapore