Senior Lecturer, Department of Accounting
FACULTY OF ECONOMIC AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF ACCOUNTING
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbents will be responsible for:
- Lecturing in Accounting;
- Supervising postgraduate students;
- Scientific research and publications in accredited academic journals;
- Academic administration and management.
- CA(SA) qualification AND a relevant Master’s degree;
- Experience in independent research and/or involvement in research activities in Accounting;
- Practical industry experience.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Computer literacy;
- Ability to effectively function in a group;
- Appropriate lecturing skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- The completion or near completion of a PhD in Accounting;
- Involvement in published academic research outputs;
- Involvement in professional activities.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of the selection process, shortlisted candidates will be required to prepare and present their most recent research project and future research plans to a screening panel.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research).
CLOSING DATE: 2 February 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Mary-Jane Ndlovu Tel: (012) 420 4977
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 May 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.