To undertake preclinical research within a range of applications with a particular focus on providing support for GSK-funded project that aims to characterise a novel PET tracer for neuroinflammation.
During this project the post holder will mostly be involved in preclinical experimental research using methods such as behavioural testing, immunohistochemistry and autoradiography, and their analysis.
Specifically, the post holder will:
- Plan, develop and optimise experiments aiming to evaluate the novel tracer as a marker of neuroinflammation
- Coordinate and direct preclinical experiments with animal models of neuroinflammation
- Collect data aiming to characterise the tracer for its ability to bind activated astrocytes, using autoradiography, immunohistochemistry, microscopy and PET imaging
- Assist with data collection and analysis of ongoing projects employing imaging (PET and MRI) and corroborative methods (behaviour, EEG), as directed by the line manager
- Develop own research interests in the field of preclinical neuroimaging
- Assist with writing and reporting of research results for various audiences: including electronic presentations, conference abstracts, full publications, and reports collaborators
Contact: Diana Cash, email: email@example.com