JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY
The role requires to manage the entire process of application development, from the design process, to creating, testing and rolling out the application. Leverage IT team resources in delivering project assignments and tasks under stringent time constraints. The main duties of an Applications Specialist include; designing a product solution in line with specifications given by business owners, implementing software and taking it live to staff members, offering support services for users, coaching users within the business and meeting with clients. The role requires to have a professional and proactive work ethic and work well within a team dynamic. The professional should have experience with problem-solving and trouble-shooting and be able to organise their own workload.
Create, design and maintain projects using Microsoft SharePoint2013 any other document management and collaboration tool including the sites utilizing the following features:
- Document libraries and lists
- Content types and meta-data columns
- SharePoint workflow
- Nintex form and workflow
- Development of InfoPath forms
- Advanced calendaring and outlook synchronization features
- MS Office integration features
- blogs and wikis
- discussion forums and surveys/polls
Design and maintain Internet-facing websites using Cascade Server (content management system) including the following features and aspects:
- Day to day updates and maintenance of the website content as required
- XML/XSLT style-sheets/templates maintenance
- Liaising requirements from MPD (Marketing and Publications Department) and CSD
Support full application development and project management life-cycle including following features:
- Work closely with project management coordinator to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Organize regular research studies for new technologies and fit them into organization.
- Organize and manage customer and employee training sessions.
- Administer applications and provide technical/functional expertise in development and execution of all IT systems.
- Coordinate with departments and colleges and prepare technical reports, training materials and documentations for business end users.
- Evaluate software products and select appropriate software applications for system according to business requirements and ensure achievement of results.
- Assist customer and provide operational and end user support.
- Assist line manager of the unit and prepare project progress.
- Coordinate with senior level analyst and assist end-users and stakeholders to resolve and lay out required information infrastructure.
- Collaborate with developers and vendors to secure infrastructure being developed for end-user needs and ensure achievement of all business objectives.
- Assist with system check and quality assurance.
- Work with end users and provide support to infrastructure facilities and ensure smooth adoption.
- Provide post-implementation support and on-going support measures.
DEGREE OF INDEPENDENCE/COMPLEXITY OF ENVIRONMENT
Most Enterprise Technologies projects will be developed around the extensive use of mobile technology/devices. This automatically means that the timelines for deliverables will be compressed dramatically. The candidate for this position needs to be a focused and well-grounded individual who can deliver project tasks/assignments in a timely and reliable fashion.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS/IMPACT OF INTERACTIONS
- Obtains direction and task assignments from the Manager, Enterprise Technologies.
- Liaises and communicates effectively with other IT units (Network Systems and Client Services).
- Under the direction from the Manager, communicates with other academic and administrative units to seek opportunities for the use of emerging technology.
- Communicates and collaborates with external vendors to ensure reliable service, support and on time delivery.
EDUCATION& EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field or equivalent plus 4 years IT experience in a relevant field.
- Successful project management experience in medium/large scale IT projects with complex requirements and user-needs.
In-depth and hands-on knowledge of:
- Microsoft SharePoint lists, libraries, creation/management of content-types, meta-data, search, site/sub-site relationships, workflow, blogs/wikis and advanced features of InfoPath, Nintex workflow and forms.
- Cascade Server or similar content management system – understanding of template-based design and decentralized web-publishing concepts
- Microsoft SharePoint Designer and Adobe Dreamweaver
- Web/mobile design aesthetics and usability experience
- Ability to translate user requirements into a design/specification document and then work the other team members to deliver a completed site/project design
- Mobile devices – iPad/iPhone/iPod, Android, Blackberry and Windows Phone.
- Complete understanding of VDI-based technologies including Citrix and VMWare
- Cloud-based solutions (such as Dropbox, iCloud, Box.Net etc.) and connectivity using WebDAV and other web protocols.
- Commercial mobile device management products such as Casper Suite and Apple iConfigurator
- Wireless connectivity using WiFi, 3G and 4G and associated issues/problems and workarounds
- Full familiarity of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Publisher, Project etc.)
- Understanding of University-level academic programs and initiatives.
Desired or preferred requirements:
- Working knowledge of Hannon Hill Cascade Server and SharePoint Server 2013 and above.