Lecturer, Department of Public Economics
A part-time (12 hours a week) Lecturer to teach key courses ensured by the Depart. of Public Economics: Economy and management of the public sector, Culture and Mass Media Economy, History of Public Sector,Introduction to Public Finance and Administration
In accordance with Act No. 111/1998 Coll., Section 77, the Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, invites applications for the following position:
a part-time (12 hours a week) Lecturer to teach key courses ensured by the Department of Public Economics: Economy and management of the public sector, Culture and Mass Media Economy, Lectures on the History of Public Sector, Introduction to Public Finance and Public Administration.
Would you like to share your experience with others? Do you enjoy coming up with new ideas and solutions? Do you welcome new challenges? If so, you are the person we are looking for. Become part of the Faculty of Economics and Administration of Masaryk University.
What does the position entail?
- Teaching key courses ensured by the Department;
- supervising Bachelor’s and Master’s theses; and
- participation in research carried out within the department.
What do we require?
- A completed Master’s degree in Public Economics or in a related area;
- the ability to lecture in Czech and English;
- teaching experience is an advantage;
- a research agenda relevant internationally, e.g.:
- active participation in international scientific conferences or in a specialized seminar held in English;
- cooperation with representatives of the non-profit sector at the national and international level;
- cooperation with experts from abroad;
- work experience abroad;
- an internationally recognized professional certificate
What do we offer?
- Interesting, autonomous, and responsible work in the environment of a prestigious university;
- a professional team and agreeable working environment;
- employment benefits (e.g., meal voucher contributions, 8 weeks of holiday, supplementary pension insurance contributions, vaccination contributions, free access to Masaryk University library services);
- opportunities for education and professional development;
- and opportunities for an internship abroad; and
- a 3-year employment contract.
What to include in applications?
- A complete professional Curriculum Vitae;
- an overview of teaching activity;
- proof of an internationally relevant research agenda;
- a cover letter including a vision for the candidate’s engagement at the Department of Public Economics (approximately 1 A4 page); and
- a copy of a diploma or other relevant qualification.
Expected commencement of employment: 1. 3. 2021.
Should you find the position interesting, send your application including the documents required for the selection procedure by 19. 2. 2021 via e-application https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/60514 on Masaryk University website.
For more detailed information, contact JU Dr. Pavla Zapletalová, phone number +420549497358, at the Human Resources department of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, MU.