Senior Business Development Manager
Job Profile Sales - Business Development
Contract Type Permanent
Proactively secure and convert new corporate business by actively selling the school of technology programme portfolio. There is an expectation that this will predominantly be apprenticeship programmes but will be led by the client and market.
Working with the Commercial Director, this role would focus on clients who pay into the apprenticeship levy to fund their training and development. Proactively targeting these organisations through outbound business development, attending meetings and converting opportunities set by the lead generation team, in addition to progressing inbound enquires, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for the conversion of apprenticeship pipeline and wider commercial training opportunities.
Working in collaboration with the commercial director, the business development executives, wider BPP, client services, and the commercial team:
- Identify and agree the primary new business targets
- Achieve personal / BD targets and KPI's set by the commercial director
- Support and drive the wider data and technology sales strategy
- Focus on data and technology apprenticeship and wider opportunities in this market
- Pitch effectively for client business across wider BPP portfolio
- Ensure annual individual growth targets are achieved to meet requirements of the BPP 5 year growth plan.
- Establish and build senior relationships within clients, identify business opportunities and win new business.
- Work closely with BPP School of Technology and BPP Professional Development division to ensure a coordinated approach is adopted to grow tailored corporate solutions in the UK.
- Work with clients to identify and leverage wider opportunities.
- Work with the wider BD team to support sales activity for national targets clients.
- Establish a network with strategic third parties, e.g. Institutes. Promote support and attend local networking activities.
- Work with marketing department to ensure activities to support client engagement are coordinated and integrated.
- Ensure all client activity is up to date within Salesforce.
- Ensure you are fully up to date with BPP programmes, products and services.
please refer to the job description for further details
Department School of Technology
Vacancy location UK, Home Based, Home Based
- A track record of winning new business in a B2B consultative sales environment.
- Experienced BDM in the data and technology market with a determined and focused approach to drive new business.
- Presence and stature to establish credibility with clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with clients and other stakeholders including those within BPP.
- Motivation together with proven approach to building pipelines and ultimately new business.
- Ability to set strategic direction, and work with small teams to achieve common goals.
- Experience of writing and producing tenders / presentations and contract negotiations.
- Familiar with CRM tools (Salesforce) and able to monitor and report individual financial performance.
- The successful candidate will be commercially astute, have a logical approach but also a self- motivated, quick thinker and comfortable working alone.
Contract Hours 37.50
Full Job Description
Senior Business Development Manager Dec 2020.pdf (105 Kb)