Administrative Assistant (NIHR CRNCC Specialty Cluster)
The Administrative Assistants (AAs) support the daily operational work of one of six Specialty Clusters within the Medical Directorate of the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Research Network (CRN). This Cluster’s office is based within the School of Population Health & Environmental Sciences at King’s College London. The Cluster team supports strategic supervision of research in nine specialty areas as well as several stand-alone initiatives that are of importance to the NIHR. The AAs are supervised by the Operations Coordinator and are line-managed by the Cluster Manager. They work proactively and positively with people at all levels within the CRN and a wide range of stakeholder organisations.
The AAs are responsible for general administration tasks, such as planning and organising meetings and events; diary management; preparation, completion and filing of meeting papers (agendas, minutes and supporting files); following up actions from the meetings; and updating web-based information relating to the nine specialties and Cluster projects. The AAs respond to phone and email queries from within and outside the CRN, escalating when necessary. They support the Cluster Office in time-sensitive communications projects such as report generation, award launches and campaigns. They support the work of the National Specialty Leads for each specialty area and the Cluster Leads. The AAs support liaison with stakeholders during development of Cluster website content. They input into the development and refinement of systems for handling National Specialty Group and Cluster work. Their work may involve any of the following:
- checking the accuracy of website text, ensuring hyperlinks work, and adding new content
- contributing to and proof-reading of high-quality reports, publicity material and presentations, including sourcing and cross-checking correct references
- ensuring web-based content and documents are kept in line with CRN branding guidelines
- updating, checking and otherwise maintaining electronic data systems relevant to the work of the Cluster
- ensuring relevant documents are uploaded to internal websites/shared drives and that access rights are provided to appropriate individuals
- ensuring final documents are signed off by relevant management
- diary management and (COVID-19 allowing) organisation of travel and accommodation
- contributing to accurate cost control and financial record-keeping
- communicating verbally and in writing with staff and stakeholders at all levels in a polite, confident and professional manner, contacting relevant stakeholders for or with additional information, when needed
- Receiving and dealing promptly with incoming telephone calls, assisting with queries where possible, and redirecting or taking messages as appropriate.
This post will be offered on a fixed-term contract from 15th March 2021 to 31st March 2022
This is a part-time post - 80% full time equivalent (28 hours per week)
- General administration to support Cluster activities and projects, including drafting agendas and taking minutes
- Complex and extensive diary management using the Google platform
- Dealing with finances including the organisation and tracking of payments
- Administrative support for communications and stakeholder engagement activities
- Collating responses from consultation exercises, questionnaires and surveys, both CRN-internal and external
- Activity to maintain and update website content
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.