Senior/ Program Manager, Aviation
Senior/ Program Manager, Aviation
Job no: 592017
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Categories: Technology, Engineering
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
School of Science and Technology
The School of Science and Technology at RMIT Vietnam is associated with the College of Science, Engineering and Health of RMIT University Melbourne, delivering the College’s award programs and developing research in the field(s) of science, engineering and health. Programs currently taught on the Vietnam campus include the Bachelor of Information Technology, Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Electronics), Bachelor of Engineering (Software Engineering), Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics & Mechatronics) and the Doctor of Philosophy (Engineering) (Electrical & Electronics Engineering).
The role and Key responsibilities
The candidate is expected to make a significant contribution to the teaching and research efforts in the Aviation Science discipline, including but not limited to airline and airport operations and management, air traffic control, human factors, and risk management in Aviation, especially in the Vietnam context. The appointee will work closely with the Academic Aviation team in RMIT Melbourne and promote the seamless flows of students between Vietnam and Melbourne to ensure the global dual campus program is world-class.
The appointee will line manage the academic staff within the program and will work closely with the Dean of School of Science & Technology, in Vietnam, and the Associate Dean of Engineering, Aerospace Engineering and Aviation at RMIT Melbourne. The scope of responsibilities includes teaching and learning activities, curriculum development and quality assurance, timetabling, student experience, resource planning, program promotion, industry engagement, staff workload planning and professional development review. The appointee will contribute to the strategic direction of the School of Science & Technology by working collaboratively with other members of the School’s Leadership team. The appointee will be expected to participate in the academic activities of the School and to pursue a program of professional development consistent with the strategic goals of the School. The appointee is expected to undertake high quality teaching, research and industry engagement in the designated field both nationally and internationally.
Key selection criteria
- A proven record of academic and/or professional achievement in Aviation science
- A PhD or equivalent relevant doctoral qualification from a recognised institution.
- Minimum of five years' teaching experience of relevant programs/courses at undergraduate level.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate large courses and prepare and delivery programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels
- Ability to manage a large program or a number of small programs.
- Demonstrated ability to support student issues related to effective learning.
- Emerging nationally recognised research track record including substantial record of research outputs in high quality outlets.
- Extensive experience in research leadership with the ability to build and develop collaborative research teams, mentor academic staff to deliver high quality outcomes, attract and secure external research funding to sustain research effort and manage funded research projects including complex budgets and reporting requirements.
- Extensive experience in supervising higher degree by research candidates to maximise research performance.
- Significant industry experience with proven ability to build links and win research contracts with industry.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage academic and professional teams and contribute to a collaborative, collegial and productive workplace.
- Demonstrated range of skills relating to the conceptualisation, execution and evaluation of courses, including the capability and competence to teach a range of program-relevant courses.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to financial, governance and quality management systems within a university.
- Recent, strong and sustained performance regarding student outcomes, student experience and feedback; combined with notable experience and demonstrated skill in a wide range of teaching settings.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Ability to display appropriate behaviours in line with the RMIT Behavioural Capability Framework (Courage; Passion, Imagination; Impact; Inclusion; Agility).
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description and Candidate Information document below.
SST_Senior PM Program Manager Aviation (Final) - Senior Lecturer Level.docx
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS academic 7.0 (or equivalent) with no skills less than 6.5.
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link.
Application close: 31 Jan 2021 11:55 PM SE Asia Standard Time