Prof.Chung’s research group is looking for a membrane engineer specializing in formulation development, fabrication process development, module assembly and testing pertaining to hollow fibre and flat sheet polymeric membranes for applications in water and gas separations. The potential candidate will be involved in R&D projects related to desalination, water reuse, resource recovery etc. The successful candidate will be responsible for: -
- Hollow fibre and Flat sheet membrane fabrication, module assembly and testing.
- Process operations, formulation, membrane quality and post-treatment of hollow fibre and flat sheet membranes. (includes process pre- and post- operation e.g. chemical mixing, post-treatment, membrane fabrication). Contribute technical expertise in process improvement and development in relevant projects related to hollow fibre and flat sheet membrane fabrication for water treatment/gas separation applications.
- Bachelors or Masters in Chemical/Environmental Engineering with min 3+ years (Bachelors) or 1+ years (Masters) of experience in hollow fibre membrane fabrication, membrane process control and engineering from a reputed university or a research institute.
- Strong knowledge on hollow fibre and/or flat sheet membrane fabrication process development, engineering, control, design and trouble-shooting.
- Excellent self-initiative and experience and strong interest in hands-on process operation which includes chemical mixing, membrane fabrication and post-treatment.
- Familiar with membrane characterization methods (XPS, FTIR, XRD, SEM, TEM, etc.).
- Proficiency in design of experiments, statistical data analysis and systematic experiment records is a plus.
- Hands on experience developing water treatment/gas separation membranes is a plus.
- Proficient in problem solving and teamwork.
- Independent, organized and responsible.
- Competent in both written and spoken English.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Chemical And Biomolecular Engineering