The successful candidate will work with Dr Brandon I Morinaka on the discovery and development of biocatalysts under a project on next-generation peptides for infectious diseases. The main responsibilities of the position include: -
- Assist with research for new biocatalyst discovery and development including preparation of recombinant proteins for enzyme assays.
- Support safe operations and maintenance of equipment in the lab.
- Facilitate working with undergrad students when necessary.
- Assist with procurement and ordering of chemicals and consumables.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or other related discipline.
- Techniques in recombinant protein production, specifically in E. coli. Preparation of media and buffers.
- Working under aseptic conditions.
- Preparation of competent cells.
- Bacterial transformation (electroporation or heat-shock).
- Protein expression and purification. SDS-PAGE.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Previous research experience in a biology or chemical biology lab.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Pharmacy