Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Financial Planning
- Located at our Melbourne Burwood Campus or Geelong Campus
- Level B/C AU$99,346-AU$139,291 p.a + 17% superannuation
- Flexible – either part-time or full-time continuing position
Deakin Business School’s Department of Accounting is internationally renowned for its innovative and high-quality teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in both the Accounting and Financial Planning Programs. Our Bachelor of Commerce (Financial Planning) is internationally recognised and EPAS accredited by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). Our Bachelor of Commerce (Financial Planning), Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning and Master of Financial Planning are all accredited by the financial planning standards body - the Financial Adviser Standards and Ethics Authority (FASEA).
The Department boasts strong industry engagement, world-class teaching facilities and is at the forefront of innovative research. Recently achieving an ERA of 4 which indicates research above world class, the department members have published in leading journals in the Accounting and Financial Services discipline including The Accounting Review, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Accounting, Organizations and Society, Australian Journal of Management, Contemporary Accounting Research, Critical Perspectives on Accounting, ABACUS, Journal of Business Ethics and Accounting and Finance.
We have an exciting position for experienced Financial Planning academics to join the Department. As either Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Financial Planning (pending qualifications and experience), you will contribute to the Department’s teaching programs within the financial planning program at both the undergraduate and post-graduate levels, be expected to engage with the financial planning industry to create opportunities for Deakin and our students whilst also undertaking high-quality research and publishing in leading academic journals in areas relevant to financial planning such as superannuation, insurance, state planning, client relationships, ethics and social behaviour.
An attractive remuneration package is offered. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience and research record. Relocation support may also be available to interstate applicants.
Your key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- teach programs offered by the Department at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels including supervision of research students at doctoral level
- produce high-quality research in journals of national and international standing including a contribution to the department’s research agenda and strong performance in Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- partake in industry engagement and promotional activities which enhance the profile and reputation of Deakin’s Financial Planning program
- develop and maintain relationships with relevant research, community, industry, government and professional partners to establish collaborations and industry partnerships
To be successful, you will have:
- a PhD or Master’s qualification in an area of relevance to Financial Planning; (PhD preferred)
- practical experience in the provision of financial planning advice
- commitment to quality teaching
- experience teaching across multiple financial planning units including but not limited to superannuation, insurance, state planning, client relationship, ethics and social behaviour at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels including supervision of higher degree by research students
- a developing or established research profile on-track to publish in high quality journals
- evidence of success in obtaining competitive research funding
- existing industry relationships relevant to financial planning and an ability to foster engagement with external bodies to enhance the national and international standing of the financial planning program
Applications for this position close on Sunday 7th February 2021
This role has been identified as having contact with children and requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Please ensure to include a cover letter, resume and responses to the Key Selection Criteria in your application.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Mr Marc Olynyk, Program Director, Financial Planning at email@example.com
Are You Ready?
Deakin is one of the new breeds of global universities – agile, dynamic and innovative. We are committed to making a genuine difference in people’s lives through excellence in education and research. As a Victorian university with a global impact, join us and let’s see what we can achieve together.
Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with opportunities to grow and develop their careers.
At Deakin, we offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits and various discounts with our third-party suppliers.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
We understand that our academic workforce is increasingly diverse, and we recognise academic careers may be placed on hold throughout many life circumstances. Achievement relative to opportunity places more emphasis on the quality, as opposed to the quantity of research outputs. In your application, we strongly encourage you to comment on your achievements relative to opportunity.