Associate Lecturer, Literacy
About this Opportunity
- Continuing, Part-Time (0.5FTE)
- School of Access Education
- CQUniversity Mackay
- Total Remuneration $41,801 to $56,515 pa (including salary of $35,322 to $47,756 pa plus 17% superannuation and 12.96% leave loading)
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
Working at CQUniversity
The School of Access Education is seeking a dedicated Associate Lecturer to support the delivery of literacy related units offered in the enabling STEPS course which is one of the University’s most transformative and empowering courses.
The school has a strong commitment to social justice and the provision of opportunities that foster greater social inclusion in Higher Education. The school provides various pathway courses for prospective students to access award courses and provides academic learning support services to VET, undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students seeking assistance. Through these services, the School of Access Education inspires students to ‘take the next step’ at whatever stage of their learning journey they may be.
If you want to join a school where you have the power to change people’s lives and open doors for others, this job is for you.
- 6 weeks annual leave
- 17% superannuation
- Work-life balance with unparalleled flexibility
- Job security with a continuing, part-time position
- 26 weeks paid maternity leave or up to 20 weeks paid primary care-giver leave
- 5 days carer’s leave
- Staff study support and professional development
- Relevant postgraduate qualification in the discipline.
- Teaching qualification or willingness to undertake a Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Education.
- Demonstrated success in literacy teaching and providing academic learning advice/ assistance, illustrating a student focused approach to delivery.
For further information about this position, please refer to the Position Description.
Apply today for a career that changes lives
Applications Close: 11:59pm, Tuesday, 26 January 2021
Job Requisition ID: 236
When submitting your application, please include: Your Current CV or Resume, and a 1-2 page Cover Letter highlighting your relevant skills, experience and suitability for the position. Please note applicants for the position must have full time work rights.
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.