Researcher in Intelligent Molecule and Material Discovery
Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
ZJU-Hangzhou Global Scientific and Technological Innovation Center (HIC) is a world-class and future-oriented R&D center, jointly founded by Zhejiang University and Hangzhou government. HIC’s mission is to build an open and collaborative international innovation hub in the Yangtze River Delta region that integrates chemistry, materials science, information technology, and life science. To build a world-class research team, the HIC is now inviting applications for postdoctoral fellowship program.
The Biological and Molecular Intelligent Manufacturing Institute is an innovative research platform at HIC. The institute is committed to tackling fundamental and technological challenges in the discovery of advanced molecules and materials for next-generation applications. The team will combine the state-of-the-art automated high-throughput experimentation facilities (ChemFoundry) and artificial intelligence to synergistically accelerate multidisciplinary research, including organic synthesis, functional polymers, porous materials for separation and catalysis, and process scale-up. Supported by the strong chemical industry in the Yangtze River Delta region, and the R&D capabilities of Zhejiang University, the Institute aims at becoming a world-leading innovation platform.
2. Research Areas
The institute aims at integrating high-throughput experimentation facilities and artificial intelligence to address grant challenges in medicine, specialty chemicals, functional polymers, and advanced materials. Applicants with the following research experience will be preferred, while other relevant areas will also be considered.
- High-throughput experimentation technology (system integration, customized synthesis or analysis apparatus, and microfluidics);
- Molecule or material design based on artificial intelligence (deep learning, natural language processing, knowledge graph, big data and cloud computing, computational chemistry, and molecular dynamics);
- Small molecule synthesis;
- Functional polymers;
- Porous materials for separations;
- Process simulation and scale-up.
- Strong research background, strong motivation in academic/technological career as a full-time postdoctoral;
- Ph.D. degree awarded by a well-known university or research institute in recent three years;
- Solid academic background and research experience in the field of chemical engineering, chemistry, materials science, or computer science;
- Have the ability to conduct research both independently and cooperatively;
- Have one or more papers published as the first author in recent three years.
4. Offer packages
- Competitive salary, discussed individually;
- Housing benefits;
- Extra funding and allowance for outstanding performance;
- If qualified, can be recommended as a faculty member in Zhejiang University or R&D engineer in HIC;
- Various provincial and municipal talent policies.
5. Application documents
- ‘Postdoctoral application form of ZJU-Hangzhou Global Scientific and Technological Innovation Center’
- A list of achievements and rewards proving the applicant’s academic research ability, with supporting materials.
- Ph.D. dissertation.
Contact: Ms. Yang
Address: ZJU-Hangzhou Global Scientific and Technological Innovation Center, Zhejiang University, No. 733, Jianshe Third Road, Xiaoshan District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province China
Apply for Researcher in Intelligent Molecule and Material Discovery
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly