Digital Communications and Marketing Officer
- Opportunity to contribute to the development of Sydney Quantum Academy’s marketing and communications strategy
- Located at Australian Technology Park
- Full-time fixed term for 2 years with an opportunity for extension. Base salary of $ 87K p.a.,plus leave loading and a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation
About the opportunity
As the Digital Communications and Marketing Officer, you will play a key role in supporting the Manager, Communications, Marketing and Media to develop and achieve the Sydney Quantum Academy’s marketing and communications objectives. You will make a significant contribution to the development of SQA’s marketing and communications strategy, ensuring alignment with overarching objectives and will be responsible for implementing the agreed plans.
You will be responsible for coordinating communications through a variety of channels including: website; social media; newsletters; press releases and media relations; and events. You will develop and refine communications to meet the needs of stakeholder groups.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Digital Communications and Marketing Officer who possesses:
- demonstrated experience in developing and executing integrated brand and marketing communications campaigns across a broad range of media channels and mediums;
- demonstrated ability to write high quality communications and to tailor writing style for different audiences;
- experience editing copy written by others to ensure a publication, print or online, is of a standard that meets editorial requirements and strategic objectives;
- demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders within a complex organization;
- high level oral and written communication, interpersonal, negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills; and
- well-developed project management skills with the capacity to manage competing priorities, maintain attention to detail and to meet deadlines.
The Sydney Quantum Academy (SQA) is an unincorporated joint venture between The University of Sydney, The University of New South Wales, Macquarie University and University of Technology Sydney, supported by the NSW Government. The SQA’s mission is to build Australia’s quantum economy. An innovative, collaborative model, the SQA offers education and training programs across the four universities to develop the next generation of quantum leaders, specialistsand entrepreneurs. It also seeks to partner with industry to attract and develop global talent and investment, andpromote the responsible development of quantum technologies. The SQA is seeking to establish a flagship quantum conference in Sydney and host a variety of workshops, seminars, networking and industry engagement events.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 8,100 academic and non-academic staff who support over 73,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit https://sydney.edu.au/about-us/careers-at-sydney.html and search by the reference number 1502/1220F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, Wednesday 27 January 2021
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
©The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.