Researcher in Synthetic Biology
4 days left
- Full Time
Recruitment Program for Young Talent Plan
ZJU-Hangzhou Global Scientific and Technological Innovation Center (HIC) is a world-class and future-oriented R&D center, jointly established by Zhejiang University and Hangzhou government. HIC’s mission is to build an open and integrated international innovation hub that integrates material sciences, information sciences, and life sciences in the Yangtze River Delta region. To build a world-class research team, the HIC has launched a new recruitment program named "Young Talents Plan”.
"Young Talents Plan - Synthetic Biology” program invites applications for principle investigator (PI) positions in the Biological and Molecular Intelligent Manufacturing Institute. The Institute is building a fully automated intelligent biomanufacturing facility (BioFoundry) and aims to tackle fundamental and technological challenges in synthetic biology by integrating biotechnology and information technology. Supported by the abundant industry resources in the Yangtze River Delta region and the R&D capabilities of Zhejiang University, the Institute aims to become a world-class innovation platform and ecosystem.
2. Research Areas
The Institute aims to develop enabling technologies for synthetic biology (i.e. laboratory automation, BT/IT, and biosystems design) to address grand challenges in biomanufacturing, medicine, agriculture, food, environment, and biosecurity). Applicants with the following research skills and experience will be considered in priority.
(1) Enabling technologies for synthetic biology
Lab Automation: BioFoundry, automated cultivation of mammalian cells, high throughout and microfluidic technology.
BT/IT (integration of biotechnology and information technology): computer-aided biosystems design, bioinformatics, AI/machine learning, and DNA storage.
Biosystems Design: gene editing and assembly technologies, protein and biomolecular machine engineering, genetic circuit and pathway engineering, chassis and consortia engineering.
(2) Disruptive applications of synthetic biology
Biomanufacturing: e.g. microbial cell factories, utilization of renewable resources, and biosynthesis of value-added compounds.
Medicine: e.g. emergency vaccines, programmable cells, cell therapy, and immunotherapy.
Food and Agriculture: e.g. precise molecular breeding, green pesticide biosynthesis, and artificial food.
Environment and Biosecurity: bioremediation, biosecurity, and trace bioassay.
- Strong research background, strong motivation in academic/technological career.
- Ph.D. degree awarded by a well-known university or research institute.
- Strong academic background and research experience in the field of synthetic biology.
- Ability to conduct research independently as PI.
- Reference letters. Applicants recommended by academicians or internationally renowned experts in the field of synthetic biology will be considered in priority.
4. Offer packages
- Competitive salary, discussed individually;
- Housing benefits;
- Besides the funding support from the central and local government, the Institute will additionally provide start-up research funding with a minimum of 3-5 million RMB for 3 years (renewable with good performance);
- About 150 m2 office and lab space;
- Various provincial and municipal talents policies;
- If qualified, the applicants can be recommended to be employed by Zhejiang University.
Contact: Ms. Yang
Address: ZJU-Hangzhou Global Scientific and Technological Innovation Center, Zhejiang University, No. 733, Jianshe Third Road, Xiaoshan District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province China
Apply for Researcher in Synthetic Biology
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly