Research Assistant with the Department of Sociology under a Research Study Titled: Singapore Families and Residents Living in/Through the COVID-19 Pandemic
The research assistant will maintain regular contact with the participants throughout the duration of this project. The assistant’s duties include sending text reminders to facilitate digital data collection from participants, organising incoming data and serving as points of connection between participants and investigators. This is an extremely time-intensive role that requires continuous effort over a year as they will be collating vignettes of daily life sent by participants and extracting additional data that participants may post on their social media accounts. We are thus expecting a high volume of data in various forms (i.e., textual data and non-textual data such as photographs, audio clips and videos) which will need to be transcribed and organised consistently by the assistant. There will also be four virtual interviews conducted with each participant in intervals of three months which will be scheduled and transcribed by the assistant. Other duties include coding of data and surveying the literature. After the one year of data collection, the research assistant will assist the investigators in data analysis and in publication work.
- Possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in qualifications
- Independent mature worker who is well-organized, has the ability to multitask
- Possess good written and spoken communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate effectively with the informants and other members of the team and to keep track of all details provided by informants
- Basic administrative duties whenever required