Professor/Associate/Assistant Professor in Applied Translation Studies
- BNU-HKBU UNITED INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE
- Zhuhai, Guangdong, PRC
- Commencing salaries will be commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience.
- 12 Jan 2021
- End of advertisement period
- 14 Dec 2021
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, Languages, Literature & Linguistics, Social Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Professors / Chairs, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
UIC now invites candidates for this position which is expected to be filled in February 2022:
Professor/Associate/Assistant Professor in Applied Translation Studies (Ref: DHSS210903)
Candidates with expertise in the following areas: Interpreting, Translation Technology, Computer-aided Translation, Putonghua-English Interpreting, Chinese-English Practical Translation and Translation Theory.
Candidates should have a PhD degree or a Master degree with extensive working experience in a related discipline. Successful candidates are expected to be committed to excellence in undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and research. Preference will be given to candidates who can undertake independent research leading to outstanding outcomes, including publications in high quality international-refereed journals. Candidates who have teaching and industrial experience in Interpreting are to be favorably considered, so are those who are knowledgeable in Computer-Assisted Translation and proficient in relevant software application.
Appointment to this position will initially be made on a fixed-term contract of two years. Commencing salaries will be commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience. Fringe benefits include housing allowance, leave and social insurance. Continuation of appointment beyond the initial term will be subject to mutual agreement.
*Please complete the job application form and upload the requested documents online: https://hrapp.uic.edu.cn/recruit/job/vacancy/JobDetail/69.
*If you failed to submit your application online, please send your application by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include a curriculum vitae and a completed "Job Application Form" which can be downloaded from https://hro.uic.edu.cn/Job_Opportunities_/Application_Procedure.htm. Please indicate the position being applied for, including the field of expertise, level and reference number.
The College reserves the right not to fill this position, or to extend the search until suitable candidates are identified or to make an appointment by invitation.
More searches like this
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Academic Posts jobs in China
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Professors / Chairs jobs in China
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in China
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in China