We are looking to appoint a full-time Research Fellow at the Centre for Biomedical Ethics (CBmE), Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore (NUS).
The CBmE was established in September 2006 in the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine through a generous gift by the Chen Su Lan Trust. We work to develop understanding, capacity for good judgement, and sound ethical practice in the context of healthcare provision, biomedical science and health-related policy development. CBmE is a thriving centre for learning, teaching and research relating to ethical and legal aspects of healthcare and biomedical sciences. We study issues of broad international significance with a particular interest in learning for and from Singapore and Asia and work collaboratively with academic colleagues across and beyond NUS, and with key stakeholders in the healthcare sector and biomedical science and policy communities.
You can find out more about CBmE here: https://medicine.nus.edu.sg/cbme/
You will be doing research on Health Data Governance for the Singapore-ETH Centre (SEC) "Future Health Technologies (FHT)" programme (https://sec.ethz.ch/research/fht.html). The SEC is a collaboration between ETH Zurich, the National Research Foundation, and research institutions in Singapore, including NUS. The FHT programme is developing evidence-based mobile digital health technology concepts to transform the healthcare system towards health by prevention and community-based and patient-centric models. The Health Data Governance module is co-led by Principle Investigators, Professor Effy Veyana (ETH Zurich) and Asst Professor Tamra Lysaght (CBmE). You will work with a team of researchers at the SEC in collaboration with faculty at CBmE in developing a new data governance framework (based on the “Systemic Oversight Model”).
This framework aims to provide guidance on how to collect, curate, analyse and share data in a transparent, trustworthy and meaningful manner.
Roles & Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of the successful candidate will be to:
- Assist the Principle Investigators design, conduct and report research activities relating to the development of a systemic oversight model for the FHT programme
- Contribute to conceptual analyses of ‘trustworthy data governance’ and development of the systemic oversight model
- Facilitate training workshops for technical and scientific staff at the SEC FHT programme in trustworthy data governance
- Contribute to the preparation of competitive grant applications to conduct empirical research and develop citizen engagement activities with the system oversight model
- Contribute to the preparation and disseminate of public outreach and education materials
- Publish research outcomes in high quality peer reviewed journals in the field first and/or corresponding author, and disseminate findings at international conferences and meetings of importance to the programme
- Teach in the Health Ethics, Law and Professionalism programme at the CBmE, and supervise PhD students, where appropriate
The research position is for two years full time, renewable for the duration of the project. The successful applicant will report to Assistant Professor Tamra Lysaght.
- Essential criteria
- A Doctor of Philosophy in a discipline relevant to bioethics (e.g. bioethics, philosophy, public health, sociology, social science, political science, health law)
- At least 3-5 years of post-doctoral research experience in an academic role considering the ethical issues relating to big data and health data governance
- Publication track record as first author in reputable bioethics journals
- Demonstrated excellent written English and oral communication skills
- Aptitude for working collaboratively as well as independently
- Desirable criteria
- Prior research and/or teaching experience in a reputable bioethics department
- Experience in using qualitative research methods to inform normative analysis
- Experience in organising workshops and stakeholder engagement activities
- Experience working in Singapore/Asia
NUS offers internationally competitive salary packages. The successful applicant will be offered an annual salary plus benefits commensurate with his or her experience and expertise.
We regret that only shortlisted candidate will be notified.
Note: Please compiled your CV and selection criteria in one 1 PDF and submit to us. Thank you.