6 days left
- Full Time
- CENTRE FOR LEARNING AND TEACHING
- $90,220 to $101,090 pa (HEW 7)
- FULL-TIME, FIXED-TERM CONTRACT UNTIL THE END OF JULY 2021 JOONDALUP AND MOUNT LAWLEY CAMPUS
Edith Cowan University (ECU) is a large multi-campus institution located in Western Australia (WA) with a strong reputation for excellence in teaching, research and state-of-the-art facilities. Our focus on teaching and research is inspired by engagement and partnerships with those in the many communities in which we serve. ECU is guided by strong values that influence the way we work, and our vision is to be recognised for our world ready graduates and leading edge research. Our purpose is to transform lives and enrich society though education and our world-class research including our commitments on equality, opportunities for disadvantaged people and reducing our impact on the environment. Our diverse and talented staff are committed to achieving ECU's vision.
The Centre for Learning and Teaching delivers high quality teaching and learning development programs, servicing both ECU students and academic staff.
The Learning Adviser is part of the Learning Support function of the Centre, working to support the development and implementation of specific learning development programs for students, including academic skills, English language proficiency, science and numeracy skills.
The Learning Adviser provides a student-focused, efficient service, aimed at improving student retention and progression. The role works in a collaborative, proactive manner to ensure that student and School requirements are met.
ECU has a commitment to improving the communication skills of all students. The focus of this position is to assist students undertaking undergraduate and post-graduate studies in a range of disciplines to develop their English language and academic literacy skills. Experience in supporting the development of students’ numeracy and science skills will also be highly regarded. The Learning Adviser is required to have an ability to use a range of delivery modes, both face-to-face and online, to enhance these skills.
Please note that there is an expectation that the Learning Adviser will work at both the Joondalup and Mount Lawley Academic Skills Centres, as required.
Suitable candidates will meet the following selection criteria:
- A graduate qualification or progression towards a higher degree in Education and subsequent relevant teaching experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Demonstrated experience devising and facilitating programs to support the development of both student academic literacy (including information literacy, study skills and time management skills) and communication skills across a range of disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to support student academic writing development including the ability to diagnose and explain aspects of English grammar error in student writing, ideally gained through a TESOL or CELTA qualification
- Demonstrated ability to support the development of students’ numeracy and science skills is not essential but highly regarded
- Demonstrated capacity to develop student resources that support online and technology enhanced learning including the production of videos
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience supporting people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- A highly collaborative approach with a record of having achieved significant goals through teamwork
The successful applicant will also have personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Benefits & Remuneration
This full-time fixed-term position attracts a remuneration of $90,220 to $101,090 pa plus 17% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
ECU has an Award-winning Health and Wellness Program and an extensive range of staff benefits across entertainment, financial, health, travel and consumer goods and services.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employment Opportunities website.
Interested applicants are welcome to call Maureen Buckingham (Team Leader, Learning Advisers) on 08 6304 5642 for more information.
How to Apply
Please upload your resume along with a statement (maximum of 3 pages) addressing the above selection criteria.
Applications close on MONDAY 25 JANUARY 2021 at 11.30pm AWST.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THE RELEVANT WORKING RIGHTS TO FILL THIS POSITION.
ECU is a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address underrepresentation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.