- Develop the mechanical hardware for the spacecraft, subsystems and payloads
- Perform structural analysis
- Perform thermal analysis and control for satellite projects
- Generate test specifications to verify the system operations, and ensure reliability
- Perform development and functional testing
- Plan and conduct environmental test for satellite systems/subsystems, i.e., vibration test, thermal cycling test, thermal-vacuum test
- Design mechanical ground support equipment (MGSE) for assembly, integration and testing of satellites.
- Work with suppliers for fabrication of the equipment.
- Document all processes and implementation.
- Work with team members to ensure smooth integration of various subsystems
- Manage tasks according to project schedule
- Work with the electrical engineers to define the optimum harnessing requirements and specifications
- A good Master’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from a recognised university
- Possess at least 2 years’ of relevant experience
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Practical hands-on skills to support the mechanical development and testing
- Team-oriented individual with good inter-personal, reporting and communication skills
- Experience in Solidworks, thermal analysis software, etc.
- Meticulous, able to work well under pressure and commitment to meeting tight deadlines.