To provide support to the Principal Investigator in research projects, maintenance of laboratory inventory and administration. Research duties and responsibilities will include
- assisting to develop and carry out experiments and performing biological, hematological, chemical, or physical analysis and determinations as tasked
- organizing, preserving and presenting the results of the experiments in a logical manner to supervisors or in research meetings
- assist in supervising, training and guiding attachment/undergraduate students where required
- performing surgical procedures, geno-typing, post-mortem examinations, tissue collection activities, etc. involving laboratory animals, and when necessary to make injections and dissections
The Research Assistant is also required to cooperate in maintaining and planning for the needs of the lab team as well as to meet administrative duties that are assigned.
- Honors degree (2nd upper class and above) in Life Sciences or similar field.
- Fresh graduates with an interest to pursue a PhD in future or postgraduates waiting for conferment of degree will have an advantage.