Financial Aid Officer
5 days left
- Full Time
Department Undergraduate Financial Aid
Category Financial Aid
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline 2/1/2021
The Princeton Undergraduate Financial Aid Office seeks a motivated individual for the position of Financial Aid Officer. This position is a complex administrative job with all of the fundamental aid responsibilities, including making award decisions, reviewing appeals, federal verification and counseling students and families.
The demand of constant aid activity throughout the year requires independent decision-making and the ability to exercise professional judgment when required. The financial aid officer will also be required to participate in outreach and tailor presentations to a variety of audiences. Flexibility and adaptability are necessary to keep up with the fast-paced changes in financial aid as well as the needs of the office.
- Review financial aid applications, perform need analysis, and package financial aid awards.
- Counsel enrolled and prospective students and their parents.
- Process federal verification in accordance with federal guidelines.
- Reach out to prospective students, their families, community-based organizations and others to increase economic diversity of applicant pool and enrolling classes. Includes travel, presentations, social media and other forms of outreach.
- Represent the office at meetings and events as needed.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- One to three years experience in financial aid or student services
- Excellent analytical, writing, speaking, and collaborative relationship-building skills
Please include a cover letter with your resume submission.
- Experience with financial aid regulation and processes, including oversight of a federal aid program (Pell Grant, Direct Loan, SEOG, FWS)
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW.
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver’s License Required
Connect With Us!
Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate’s current employment status with Princeton University.