Hospitality and Logistics Manager, Schwarzman Center
6 days left
- Full Time
The Hospitality and Logistics Manager manages all logistical operations at the Schwarzman Center. This position develops procedures for purchasing, receiving, inventory, storage, building safety, sanitation and transportation to create efficiencies, cost controls and support excellence in all aspects of the daily operation of the center. Reporting directly to the Assistant Hospitality Operations Director, this position serves as a key member of the Schwarzman Operations leadership team.
- Develops and implements standard operating procedures for sanitation, food safety and staff safety for the Schwarzman Center.
- Manages logistics for the Schwarzman working directly with key stakeholders for event production.
- In collaboration with the Operations Team and the Yale Hospitality Training and Development Manager ensures that all staff are provided with orientation and ongoing training related to their work.
- Manages strict adherence to sanitation policies, safety procedures and proper food storage and handling procedures. Develops and monitors cleaning schedules and ongoing preventative maintenance schedules.
- Establishes and monitors par levels for items in inventory for food, paper, alcohol, and chemicals. Places purchase orders to insure appropriate par levels to support customer needs while keeping inventory to a minimum. Constantly seeks reductions in operating costs by consistently evaluating products, performance and margins.
- Develops and implements procedures to minimize inventory waste, loss and shrinkage. Monitors product compliance to departmental purchasing standards. Keeps abreast of current purchasing trends, values, and costs to assist with determining purchasing specifications.
- Develops, implements and maintains requisition and charging procedures for all materials and supplies within the center.
- Oversees proper storage, dating and tagging of materials and supplies received, ensures appropriate refrigeration of perishable items, and proper placement and rotation of stock to prevent loss due to deterioration of product quality while in storage. Conducts and documents periodic audits.
- Monitors daily food delivery schedules and coordinates supplier deliveries to meet needs of the operation.
- Assures compliance with all applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Supports and recommends enhancements for the center’s use of menu management, requisitioning, catering and logistical software.
- Assists with the development and monitoring of all materials management SOPs.
- Provides support for catering logistics including development and implementation of SOP’s for monitoring and maintaining equipment and small ware inventory.
- Maintains a culture that supports optimal employee engagement and motivation in a highly unionized environment.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management, Food Service Management or related field; plus 5 years of directly related experience or equivalent education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Well-developed organizational skills. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Strong oral and written communication, supervisory, conceptual and analytical skills.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Demonstrated institutional, hotel or conference center skills that include oversite of complex multi-faceted operations.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Knowledge of food service, quality, nutrition, safety and sustainability standards, and applied nutrition.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Knowledge of establishing, monitoring and controlling alcoholic beverage programs.
Required Licenses or Certifications
- ServSafe Certified
- TIPS Certified
- Availability to work weekend hours. Must be willing to work flexible and demanding hours based on the operational needs of the department.
- Sustained standing; frequent bending.
- Move, lift and carry supplies, equipment, and materials weighing up to 35 pounds without assistance from floor to waist height and 25 pounds to shoulder height.
- Lift items above shoulder height.
- Carry supplies up or down stairs, if necessary.
- Work in confined areas with wide temperature variations.
- Travel to and from units and/or events.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus