Associate Director Financial Reporting and Analytics
Reporting to the Senior Director of Financial Systems and Solutions, the Associate Director of Financial Reporting & Analytics is responsible for working with business partners and process owners to identify data, reporting and analytics business requirements, and partnering with ITS to develop data management and reporting solutions that provide accurate, timely, flexible and intuitive data access and delivery solutions to meet current and future reporting and analytical requirements. This position is also responsible for facilitating an effective data management and reporting and governance activities, maintaining processes for monitoring and remediating data and report quality, and ensuring that the overall reporting foundation supports and enhances business decision-making processes.
- Develop and lead an organized and inclusive process for partnering with finance and other business stakeholders to identify, validate and document data, reporting and analytics business requirements.
- Manage the team responsible for supporting the Finance reporting environments (Finance DataMart, Workday, etc.) and related developed reports and tools (PowerBI). Effectively manage the associated assignments and critical due dates to ensure timely deliverables and adherence to SLA's.
- Develop and maintain a standard methodology for documenting and codifying business requirements and specifications, using standard and accessible templates that meet the needs of both business partners and technical developers.
- Develop prototypes and mock-ups to help elicit, visualize, iterate and validate requirements.
- Maintain deep subject matter expertise as it relates to institutional financial data, and act as liaison with business stakeholders to educate, promote and support the understanding of data, data access and BI tools.
- Partner with ITS to evaluate and select reporting & analytical tool solutions, including the evaluation of both commercial and custom solutions that meets the needs of Finance.
- Provide high quality analytical support for the development and deployment of solutions, and collaborates with developers and end-users to insure that reporting and analytics functionality meets business needs.
- Develop consistent report and data presentation standards, and rigorous process for ensuring adherence to standards.
- Maintain standard library of test cases and scenarios, and a formal process for executing testing and quality assurance.
- Provide guidance and input into deployment planning, including training, communications and user readiness activities.
- Facilitate and support data stewardship and governance processes.
- Proactively analyze and resolve data quality and reporting issues.
- May participate in or lead projects and perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business, technology or related field and a minimum of eight years of experience in reporting and analytics in a complex environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Well-developed managerial, decision-making, planning, organizational, problem-resolution and leadership skills with the demonstrated ability to influence and manage people on a day-to-day basis including technical and non-technical areas.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Demonstrated experience and application of financial, accounting and economic concepts with the ability to analyze and interpret complex business data, processes and reporting. Ability to develop strong reporting systems that enable quick and prudent decision-making.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Strong attention to detail and outstanding self-initiative, personal accountability, and follow through.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to clearly articulate complex analysis, make independent decisions, prioritize multiple projects and perform under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Proven ability to prioritize and meet multiple, competing responsibilities. Ability to see the big picture and translate to workable tasks. Experience creating alignment between technical and functional partners.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Experience with Microsoft PowerBI and other report writing tools.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus