DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
POST TITLE – UNION ADMINISTRATOR (ONE-YEAR RENEWABLE CONTRACT)
PEROMNES POST LEVEL -15
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
- The incumbent will be responsible for serving as administrator for the Union, in collaboration with the Division of Employment Relations in the Department of Human Resources. In this capacity, the incumbent will be required to:
- Support the Union leadership in executing the employment relations strategy and the functions of the Union and to achieve all targets related to employment relations;
- Provide administrative support to the Union within the University, such as allocating misconduct and disciplinary, grievance, dispute prevention and resolution of cases;
- Provide first line support to members;
- Type documents, and manage the Union diary, time, and attendance of Union leadership on their allocated responsibilities
- Grade 12;
- Two years’ employee relations experience with exposure to a unionized work environment;
- Two years administrative experience, working as a personal assistant or Administrative Officer
- Valid driver’s license
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Diary management skills;
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- High level reading and comprehension and writing skills;
- Minute taking skills and the ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent computer skills (MS office suite);
- Sensitivity to diversity
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- National Diploma: Human Resources, Labour Relations or Marketing.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 15 January 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms G Mathekga, Tel: (012) 420-2640 for application-related enquiries, and Tebogo Setshedi, Tel: (012) 420-5620 for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 March 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.