Research Specialist I/II
Department: Princeton Neuroscience Inst
Category: Research and Laboratory
Full-Time / Part-Time: Full-Time
Name of Lab: Wang Lab
The Princeton Neuroscience Institute has a Research Specialist I/II position available to work in the laboratory of Professor Samuel S.-H. Wang. The lab’s mission is to understand how the cerebellum contributes to the development of cognition and sociality in the mammalian brain, in both normal function and autism. The research specialist will collaborate with graduate students or postdoctoral research fellows in the lab on various projects related to cerebellar neural circuits.
The ideal applicant will be energetic, self-directed learners with previous research experience. They should have basic laboratory skills and proficiency in rodent behavioral experiments.
This is a one-year term position with the possibility of renewal based on funding and performance. A commitment of at least two years is preferred.
Level/grade will be commensurate with the qualifications of the selected candidate.
- performing surgeries to prepare mice for experiments, completing behavioral experiments.
- histological analysis of brain tissue, and analysis of behavior videos or histological sections.
- maintaining records and data and assisting with the needs of staff, students and faculty.
- the possibility of contributing to cellular-resolution imaging and in vivo electrophysiology experiments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in a science or engineering field is required, along with previous research experience.
- Proficiency in rodent behavioral experiments.
- Ability to work on weekends is necessary, and flexible scheduling for time-critical laboratory needs is a plus.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory environment with normal protective equipment.
- Candidates must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Degree in neuroscience and/or research experience using neuroscience methods and any coding language is highly preferred.
- Master's degree is preferred.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW