Payroll Accountant, Finance Department
1 day left
- Full Time
UP Professional and Support
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 7
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Administrate payroll related transactions;
- Compile and submit SARS statutory reports;
- Review, investigate and resolve anomalies identified on exception reports;
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of payroll parameters to ensure compliance with payroll-relevant legislation;
- Supervision of subordinates which will include training, mentoring and performance management.
- BCom Accounting degree;
- Five years working experience in a Payroll Division within a large organisation, with proven experience in and knowledge of:
- Quality control of payroll transactions & reconciliations.
- Three years’ experience as a Supervisor within a Payroll Division.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Income tax Act, UIF, SDL, BCoEA
- SARS rules and regulations
- Pension, provident and group life rules
- Performance management processes & procedures
- Computer literacy (MS Office, Outlook)
- Payroll systems and processes
- Calculation of income taxes and benefits
- Execution of payroll
- Advanced Excel
- ERP Systems (ORACLE, Peoplesoft, Unique/Psiber)
- Review of payroll transactions & reconciliations
- Attention to detail and time management
- Conflict management
- Stress management
- Service delivery
- Communication skills
- Problem solving
- Decision-making skills
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Hons BCom Accounting or Taxation/ Post Grad Diploma in Accounting or Taxation;
- Three years’ experience within a financial environment;
- Three years PeopleSoft system experience;
- Three years’ experience working in a higher education environment;
- Certified Tax Practitioner (SAIPA or SAIT) or Tax Technician.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 28 January 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms H van der Westhuizen, Tel: (012) 420 4028 for application-related enquiries, and Ms I Coetzee, Tel: (012) 420 2146 for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 January 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference will be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.