Coordinator, Transformation Advocacy and Training
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 8
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The person will be required to:
- Contribute towards the Transformation Office’s development and implementation of new or additional people-oriented programmes as aligned to the Transformation framework and agenda;
- Strengthen awareness and training for the UP community around unfair discrimination, hate speech, harassment and violence on one or more of the following grounds: Race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth; or other comparable grounds including country of origin, HIV status, socio-economic status, albinism, gender identity, gender expression, intersex status, class, political opinion, year of study, physical appearance, body shape, mental health status, or occupation;
- Implement the stakeholder engagement plan to ensure the facilitation and management of training and awareness campaigns across all campuses, faculties and department within the University;
- Employment Equity (EE) support;
- Support and collaborate with the Employment Equity Specialist in Human Resources by raising and maintaining awareness and advocating for Employment Equity and disability awareness;
- Analyse, review, and report on the effectiveness of training campaigns to maximize results;
- Financial and Human Resources Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Psychology/Human Resources Management/Social Sciences or another relevant field;
- A total of three years’ proven experience in:
- Advocacy and facilitation of transformation;
- Social justice projects and initiatives;
- Project management and
- Managing budgets;
- At least one-year experience in the supervision/management of staff.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Project Planning;
- Knowledge of behavioural science;
- Sound knowledge of all relevant Legislation (Labour Relations Act, EE Act, Skills Development Act, etc.);
- Computer literacy (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and e-mail);
- Understanding of Gender Based Violence management;
- Understanding of Good Governance;
- Team facilitation skills;
- Strategic management skills;
- Change Management Skills;
- Administrative management skills;
- Written and verbal communication skills;
- Counselling skills;
- Conflict resolution skills;
- Excellent Interpersonal skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- Training facilitation skills;
- Sound administration skills;
- Organisational climate and culture surveys;
- Organisational learning and change theory, Management;
- The ability to lease and negotiate at a senior level;
- Personal integrity and ethical standards;
- Sensitivity to and the ability to manage diversity in both the internal and external environment;
- Ability to deal with complex issues;
- Planning and organising and excellent co-ordination abilities;
- Ability to function under stress in a real-time environment;
- Self-motivated and Team player;
- Ability to work to multiple tight deadlines and under pressure;
- Interpersonal skills at individual and group level.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Honours’ degree in Industrial Psychology/Human Resources Management/Social Sciences or other relevant field;
- Two years managerial experience at a Higher Education institution;
- Established networks in transformation or social justice.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 20 January 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Mrs H van der Westhuizen, Tel: (012) 420 4028 or firstname.lastname@example.org for application-related enquiries, and Mrs S Matseke, Tel: (012) 420 6797 for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 January 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference will be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.