PhD Position, Computational NMR Spectroscopy
The Director of Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC MU) opens a PhD POSITION – Computational NMR Spectroscopy
CEITEC is a scientific center in the fields of life sciences, advanced materials and technologies whose aim is to establish itself as a recognized center for basic as well as applied research. CEITEC offers a state-of-the-art infrastructure and great conditions to employ excellent researchers.
Our institute values diversity and promotes an inclusive working environment with the aim to support the best scientists. CEITEC MU is a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission (http://muni.ceitec.cz/en/hr-strategy-hrs4r/).
A PhD position is available in the Marek group (CEITEC, Masaryk University, Brno, Czechia) to participate in theoretical research of relativistic effects in NMR spectroscopy. The project focuses on theoretical and computational chemistry to analyze NMR chemical shifts in dynamically developing field of paramagnetic molecules and supramolecular systems.
Prospective candidates should fulfill the following criteria
- Master degree (or be close to its completion) in theoretical, physical, or computational chemistry or in other closely related fields
- Motivation and interest in physical science, computational chemistry, and theoretical spectroscopy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good English language – spoken and written
Desirable but not required
- Experience in density-functional theory
- Practical knowledge of quantum-chemistry programs Interest in NMR spectroscopy
- Motivated person with collaborative mind set
- Willingness to engage in the life of academic community
What we offer?
- Interesting position in a dynamically expanding research institute
- An attractive salary and MU benefits
- Background of a recognized and successful institution with supportive and international working environment
- Environment promoting interdisciplinarity and intersectorality of research In house core facilities
- Support in learning and development
- Support of administrative departments (including grant office service)
- Support with the relocation process (welcome office service)
Anticipated start date: September 2020 or upon agreement
Application including CV, a short statement of research background & interests, a motivation letter, and contacts for at least two referees should be sent by e-application available on https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/60234.
In case of any troubles with filling the e-application, please contact the contact person.
Contact person: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic application deadline is March 1, 2020.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by the Recruitment Committee.
Information about Brno, Czech Republic
- The capital of South Moravian Region and the second largest city in the Czech Republic with a population of almost 400,000 people
- Modern, dynamic and fast-growing center of industry, trade, science, research and innovation with business incubators and centers of excellence in science
- A city of universities with more than 86,000 students
- More than 10,000 researchers; 2,200 IF publications/year; 600+ PhD graduates/year
- 500 mil. EUR of R&D investment per year, more than 350 companies with in-house R&D
- Quality of life index in 2016
For further information about
- CEITEC, please visit www.ceitec.eu
- CEITEC Welcome Office, please visit https://www.ceitec.eu/welcome-office/t9938
- Masaryk University, please visit www.muni.cz
- Brno, please visit http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617