Associate Dean, Cloud, Systems and Security Discipline, School of Computing Technologies
- Part-time (0.5FTE), 3-years fixed-term contract based at RMIT City/Bundoora campus but may be required to work and/or be based at another campus of the University
- Play a pivotal role in providing senior leadership for the Disciplines academic and research performance and growth
- Report directly to the Dean, Computing Technologies with 15-25 direct reports
- Remuneration at Academic Level D ($145,286 - $160,059) or Academic Level E ($187,148) + 17% superannuation
- Flexible working arrangement requests will be considered
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMITs leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally focused graduates.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
About the College
The STEMM College holds a leading position and expertise in the science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and health (STEMM) fields. We are uniquely positioned to influence and partner with industry, as never before.
STEMM College is a community of exceptional STEMM researchers, teachers, inventors, designers and game-changers, supported by talented professional staff. We offer higher education programs across all STEMM disciplines at the Bachelor, Master and PhD levels, and ensure our students experience an education that is work-aligned and life-changing.
The College is renowned for its exemplary research in many STEMM areas including advanced manufacturing and design; computing technologies; health innovation and translational medicine; nano materials and devices; and sustainable systems. Our brilliant researchers attract funding from government and industry sources.
More details on STEMM College in this link.
About You and the Role
You will responsible:
- Leading the advancement of teaching in the discipline including initiating program improvements, improving academic standards, as well as contributing actively in research through building a successful research team delivering high impact publications and obtaining competitive research grants;
- Delivering best of class student experience by embracing interactive, digitally enabled student-centred learning experiences and identifying and implementing innovative learning & teaching initiatives;
- Maintaining and developing relationships with relevant departments of the university and other institutions and connect actively with industry, commerce and government as well as participate in the on-going process improvement within the disciplines of the Computing Technologies School (Artificial Intelligence; Cloud, Systems & Security; and Data Science);
- Contributing significantly to the governance and collegial life inside and outside of the University consistently demonstrating RMITs values.
You will have:
- Proven strong academic leadership and management experiences and skills with the capability & capacity to deliver strategic objectives and change;
- A strong track record in publishing high-quality conference and/or journal articles in research areas relevant to the Cloud, Systems & Security Discipline of the School;
- Extensive track record of innovative teaching in a discipline relevant to this School underpinned by a deep understanding of contemporary Learning and Teaching theory;
- Equipped with the knowledge and in-depth understanding of relevant industry and training priorities;
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills the ability to communicate, build and foster relationships internally and externally.
Mandatory: Tertiary qualifications including PhD in a relevant Computer Science discipline with equivalent experience in the field related to Computer Science as well as the knowledge and achievements that meet RMITs Professorial criteria.
- Candidates with demonstrated working experience in leading and developing research teams & mentoring academic staff while ensuring impactful research and excellent teaching outcomes are encouraged to apply.
- Candidate with substantial record of research outputs in high quality outputs such as journals, forums, conferences and/or books will be highly regarded.
Bring your whole self to work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more.We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
We are proud that our dedication to diversity has been recognized by a broad spectrum of external organizations. Visit our Linkedin Life pages to learn more and see some of our most recent wins.
Please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your experience and achievements by clicking on the 'Apply now' link. Please note that a separate response to Key Selection Criteria as stated on the Position Description is required. For any enquiries regarding this role, please contact, Professor Mark Sanderson, Dean, School of Computing Technologies (firstname.lastname@example.org)
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
Applications close Sunday 7th February 2021.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australias immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/