Senior Specialist, Academic Support and Tutoring
Organization Name Medical College Khalifa University
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science,Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
The Senior Specialist of Academic Support & Tutoring is responsible to assist the Program Director for the management and development of the academic support services, tutor coordination and coaching and to facilitate effective tutoring programs that provide motivation,personal individual attention, direct instruction, and error correction to increase students’ academic skills.
- Provide tutoring assistance to all enrolled medical students via Academic Support and Tutoring Program
- Support student success by assisting with a broad array of student needs and concerns to include the integration of knowledge and skills, exploration of new strategies to excel academically and planning for future career paths.
- Work closely with Course Directors,faculty, and staff to provide exceptional academic support and meet the needs of a diverse student body.
- provide the most accurate information and the most relevant resources to guide and address student needs throughout their academic career
- Participate in projects/student support as needed, university committees and professional development activities (on and off campus) and other position related duties as assigned.
- Assessment of student learning and development outcomes
- Develop timely programming that meets the needs of students for tutoring and academic support
- Management and development of academic support services and tutor coordination for students
- close collaboration with the counseling staff, meeting with students, and supervision of staff
- Adheres to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and reports breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinates with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
Performs other tasks as assigned by the Line Manager
Qualifications & Experience
- Master's Degree in an education orrelated field of study and experience in a Higher Education
- A minimum 7 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
How To Apply
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).
Apply for Senior Specialist, Academic Support and Tutoring
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly