Indigenous Research Officer
Classification: ANU Officer Grade 5/6 (Research)
Salary package: $71,878 - $84,451 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Part time (16 hr/week), Fixed term (6 months)
- This is an Identified Indigenous position and in accordance with ANU policies and procedures, confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage will be required as part of the application.
- Sound knowledge of – or genuine desire to learn –qualitative research methods
- Interest in working with remote Indigenous communities
The Research Officer works as part of the research team, liaising with a wide range of stakeholders and providing assistance with the design and implementation of research directions. The Research Officer is responsible for providing general support related to allocated research activities. In particular, assisting on the process evaluation of the Talking About Gambling (TAG) project and trial, and exploring relevant process outcomes for future research and practice in the area of digital health promotion targeting Australian Indigenous communities.
The ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences (CASS) is one of seven Colleges at ANU. The College, which is structured into two main research schools, offers degrees in more than 20 discipline areas and excels in research across the creative arts, humanities and social sciences. The College has a substantial international research presence and is a major source of national policy advice. Our academic staff are internationally recognised for their research, and 57 are members of the Australian Academy of the Humanities, the Academy of the Social Sciences of Australia, or both. We also host 13 Australian Research Council Future Fellows and three ARC Laureates. A hub of vibrant activity, we host more than 270 lectures, concerts and exhibitions each year, most of which are open to the public. Our students, staff and graduates come from more than 60 nations, bringing a diversity of perspective to campus life.
For more information please contact: Megan Whitty, T: 0410 132 659 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 31 January 2021
Position Description: Position description IRO 03_11_2020 (1).pdf
This is an Identified Indigenous position and in accordance with ANU policies and procedures, confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage will be required as part of the application.
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.