Head of Higher Education Division
POSITION TITLE: HEAD OF HIGHER EDUCATION DIVISION, LECTURER/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
DEPARTMENT: INSTITUTE OF LEADERSHIP & EDUCATION ADVANCED DEVELOPMENT (ILEAD)
ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT
Assistant Professor: 29,046-31,993RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 35,588RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post)
Associate Professor: 36,127-38,967RMB (with the opportunity to go to 42,705RMB based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post)
POSITION OPEN DATE: 06-Jan-21
ADVERTISEMENT CLOSING DATE: 01-Mar-21
JOB ID: 1885
CONTRACT TYPE: Full time
ILEAD is a unique and leading centre for education innovation, development, and education of educators (degree programmes) in education globally. Its key customers include XJTLU students, XJTLU staff, as well as local, regional, national and international educational practitioners and institutions.
The main business of ILEAD includes:
- Pedagogical programmes (Postgraduate Taught and PhD degree programmes)
- Support for XJTLU student learning
- Educational and professional development for XJTLU staff
- Global community for education innovation
- Training and development initiatives for external educators and professionals in education sector
- Research on future university (internationalization, learning and teaching, educational leadership, educational management).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Applications are invited for Head of Higher Education Division (Lecturer/Associate Professor in Educational Management) within the Institute of Leadership and Education Advanced Development (ILEAD) at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University, a joint venture established in 2006 by the University of Liverpool, UK and Xi’an Jiaotong University, China.
The Head of Higher Education Division is responsible for overseeing and managing all the training and community products in Higher Education sector at Institute of Leadership and Education Advanced Department (hereinafter, ILEAD), with the aims of contributing to the successful development and delivery of strategies with regard to the business for higher education practitioners. The role holder looks over the Product Team in Higher Education and community team and reports to the HoD of ILEAD.
The Head of Higher Education Division is expected to teach on programmes in the Department of Educational Studies.
- Setting goals and strategies for the product in higher education as well as managing and governing the process of delivery and evaluation of performance;
- Supervising the Product team in Higher Education and Community team;
- Focusing on quality assurance and improvement of Higher Education products, and integrating product portfolio for dynamic interaction and integration;
- Continuously developing new products with the emerging customers’ needs in mind;
- Collaborating with other units of the department to optimize resources and contribute to the overall strategic plans of the department.
- Teaching on master programmes in the Department of Educational Studies
- PhD degree in Education and related area
- Lecturing experience at postgraduate level would be welcomed, particularly on master degree programmes.
- Applicants from a wide range of areas in Educational Management are welcome.
- Applicants with experience in the areas of Educational Leadership, Internationalization of Education, Language Education, Institutional Change in Higher Education are specifically welcome.
- Applicants with experience in developing and managing short courses and community products in higher education are specifically welcome
- Applicants are expected to speak both Chinese and English fluently.
- A strong track record in designing and delivering education programmes, executive coaching and management consulting for educational institutions and practitioners are also desirable.
Members of Academic Staff are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel, and children’s education, medical insurance, and a one-time relocation allowance is provided. Overseas staff may receive a tax “holiday,” depending on nationality and personal circumstances.
CITIZENSHIP AND VISA REGULATIONS:
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must be comply with the regulations with the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas.
Please submit your applications online
Applications must be submitted in a single PDF file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter specifying your suitability for the role
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact details for three references (at least a reference from current or most recent employer. Preferably current employer *and* last employer)
Informal enquiries maybe addressed to the head of ILEAD at Xiaojun.email@example.com. Please quote the position and job ID in your enquiry.
If you are unable to apply on-line please contact the Human Resource Office.
Applications should be received by the closing date stated above.