Lecturer, Design Studies
Lecturer, Design Studies
Job no: 591779
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Categories: Design, Teaching and Research, Digital and Design
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
School of Communication & Design
The School of Communication & Design is committed to providing an international learning environment that encourages cultural awareness, critical thinking, experimentation and, above all, the ability to think differently. Our students develop the competence, confidence and professionalism needed for successful careers in communication, design, fashion, film and video, and languages. See: https://www.rmit.edu.vn/our-schools-centres/school-communication-design
The role & key responsibilities
- Teaching at undergraduate program of Design Studies.
- Professional activities, scholarship and/or conduct high quality research activities appropriate to the profession or discipline.
- Membership of committees, working parties or other service duties as required.
Key selection criteria
- Lecturer: PhD or equivalent relevant Doctoral qualification from a recognised institution.
- Associate Lecturer: we will consider an application from an emerging academic who is in the final stages of relevant doctoral study in this field. In this instance, a relevant completed Master’s degree from a recognised institution is required.
- A recognized research profile with current publications
- Experience in preparing and delivering programs at undergraduate levels, including online delivery.
The skillset required would be Designer with a broad background in all areas of design, including graphic design, visual communication, Adobe suite, typography and illustration. Knowledge of 3d design, modelling (specifically Blender) and motion graphics would be beneficial.
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description and information pack below.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (with no competency less than 6.5)
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close February 07, 2020.
Application close: 07 Feb 2021 11:55 PM SE Asia Standard Time