Associate Director, Curriculum and Registrations, Academic Affairs
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Job Description Summary
At Penn Dental Medicine, our students are among the nation’s best, and they are matched in quality by the high level of instruction and research among our faculty. Our research encompasses all the basic and clinical sciences, and Penn’s emphasis on interdisciplinary scholarship and translational research encourages collaborations across disciplines. Our clinical care brings the latest techniques and technologies to patients within our teaching clinics and faculty practice. As stewards of the neighborhood in which we reside, Penn Dental Medicine participates in a diversity of community outreach programs, serving area residents while teaching our students to practice with compassion, responsibility and integrity.
Penn Dental Medicine’s Office of Academic Affairs oversees and supports curriculum initiatives, student learning and experiences, program initiatives and implements policies and procedures as determined by standards of accreditation. The team is actively recruiting for an ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, CURRICULUM AND REGISTRATION.
The Associate Director of Curriculum and Registration will manage and oversee graduate and pre-doctoral course administration and review for the DMD program, the advanced dental education (DADE) course, and multiple Master’s programs, and for faculty enrolled in the Program for Advanced Standing Students (PASS). This role utilizes advanced learning and administrative management systems to further advance the School's innovation efforts as well as manage and provide ongoing training for faculty, administration and administrative staff. The Administrator will manage all part-time student workers and support the PDM Registrar in monitoring student and course rosters, transcripts, credentialing and licensure requests/verifications, and reporting.
- ABILITY TO ADAPT AND LEARN QUICKLY, make an immediate, sustainable impact, and provide value-added service to students and team
- PROBLEM-SOLVING, agility in providing results driven solutions both short- and long-term
- STRONG COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS, displaying the ability to connect and build relationships with team members/peers, external departments and students
- POSITIVE ENERGY AND ENTHUSIASM, with a strong commitment to exceeding expectations
- TEAM PLAYER a strong desire to be an active, long-term participant in the growth and success of the department
- COMMITMENT TO LEARNING, interest and enthusiasm in continuous self and professional development
- 50% - Provide managerial oversight and support for graduate and pre-doctoral course administration and review for the DMD program, the advanced dental education (DADE) course, and multiple Master’s programs, and for faculty enrolled in the Program for Advanced Standing Students (PASS). This includes managing and training a diverse group of faculty and administrators in creation of exams and post-exam reports and development of course pages, and serving as a liaison to University committees focused on administration of various learning technology platforms. Develop and maintain training materials and/or quick reference guides for team members, including documentation of policies and workflow protocols. Will also provide support for the design and revision of course, clinic and rotation scheduling for pre-doctoral students; including, submitting students’ schedules via axiUm and the PDM Scheduling Manager software, as needed.
- 30% - Manage student tutors and teaching assistants – providing work expectations and assigning/connecting coursework to students seeking support. Additional duties include developing appointment letters and serving as as a liaison with Human Resources and Fiscal Operations to ensure compliance with all policies related to part-time paid employees. This also includes serving as a liaison with the Weingarten Learning Resources Center and Student Disabilities Services.
- 15% - Support PDM Registrar initiatives including handling confidential information in monitoring student and course rosters, transcripts, credentialing and licensure requests/verifications, and generating ad hoc reports.
- 5% - Perform additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of experience required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite is required.
Candidates with demonstrated experience in Smartsheets and Qualtrics, and one or more educational technology and administrative platforms, including Canvas, Panopto, ExamSoft, axiUm and Ellucian / Banner preferred.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
School of Dental Medicine
$42,953.00 - $77,315.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.