Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
Research activities in astrobiology and planetary science (mineral-enzyme analysis, convection simulations, exoplanet research focusing on biosignatures detection, reaction-diffusion simulations), and assistance with discussions in an astrobiology.
- Data analysis
- Numerical modelling
- Publication of scientific papers
- Presentation of research results at conferences
- International collaborative efforts
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Physics/planetary science
- 5 years of relevant experience in a research environment including research activities, dissemination of research results
- Ability to produce scientific publications and communicate results
- Fluency with scientific software and programming languages
- Must be familiar with the concept of exoplanets and earth science data such as observational data from DSCOVR, as well as life detection from distant planets
- PhD in Physics/planetary science
- Experience with high-end research
- Experience writing grant proposals