Senior Customer Service Representative
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
This position provides customer service for patrons of the Parking and Transportation Office. The incumbent processes enrollments (including data entry & reconciliations) & all customer administrative transactions; answers questions on process & policy; issues and tracks inventory; provides guidance on access and eligibility for University's commuter benefits programs.
This position undertakes the Assistant Director's duties in his/her absence.
- Reconciliation & Reporting: reconcile weekly, bi-weekly & monthly payroll files prior to submission to payroll offices, ensuring all data for new additions, refunds & deductions are correct. Ensure appropriate notes & documentation have been added to AIMS profile data base. Trouble shoot & resolve issues resulting from reconciliations. Generate daily reports to assist with pre-payroll reconciliation. Assist with compiling data for monthly reports.
- Create, enter and track POs for all vendor transactions in BEN. Process parking permit requests as needed. Track and manage Bike Commuter Program.
- Customer Service: Provide optimal customer experience for patrons of the Parking Office. Manage inquiries sent to parking email inbox. Point person for vendor and departmental billing.
- Communication: Serve as liaison between Parking Office, PENN and UPHS payroll offices. Serve as point of contact for external institution monthly permit parkers. Point of contact for special parking and athletics parking events. Send mass communications to permit holders. Assist with coordinating annual resource fairs.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- A high school diploma or GED and 5 to 7 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, are required. An Associates Degree or higher and 2 to 3 years of experience are strongly preferred.
- Customer-service oriented background required, with retail experience preferred.
- Attention to detail & ability to identify variations and exceptions within business processes required.
- Prefer quick learner with demonstrated ability to manage multiple phone lines & email.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills required, including ability to explain Penn Parking & Transportation services and program enrollment requirements.
- Ability to identify & interact with a diverse range of institutional customers in a fast paced environment.
- Solid computer skills to include MS office required.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
$20.00 - $36.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.