The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Job Description Summary
POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON GRANT FUNDING.
To work closely with members of the Biostatistics Core in the Division of Sleep Medicine, under Co-Directors Brendan Keenan (direct supervisor) and Greg Maislin, on the implementation of statistical and bioinformatics aspects of clinical research being conducted by faculty, staff and students in the Division
POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON GRANT FUNDING
To work closely with members of the Biostatistics Core in the Division of Sleep Medicine, under Co-Directors Brendan Keenan (direct supervisor) and Greg Maislin, on the implementation of statistical and bioinformatics aspects of clinical research being conducted by faculty, staff and students in the Division. Responsibilities include:
- Assist with design, development, testing, maintenance and documentation of applications utilized to assist investigators in the extraction, cleaning, storage, integration, and analysis of data from structured and unstructured electronic health record data utilizing programming languages such as SQL and R.
- Implementation of statistical methods according to the established statistical analysis plan (SAP) for a given project using commercial statistical software such as SAS, STATA and R.
- Participate in creation of results tables and listings, dissemination of results with study investigators, and writing up of results and methods for manuscript publications and presentations at scientific meetings.
PRINCIPAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES:
- Perform required programming tasks for the implementation of established statistical analysis plans and analysis of biomedical big data, as well as in support of the design of future projects and grants
- Contribute to the development of programs/applications for processing and maintaining (large scale) biomedical datasets, including detailed documentation
- Provide support in the write-up and presentation of analysis results and methodologies for peer-reviewed manuscripts, presentations, and grant proposals
- Meet with Investigators and Team Members to collaborate on aspects of study design and applications to biomedical big data
- Consult with other members of the Biostatistics Core on analysis plans and statistical methods for various projects
- Regularly review progress on assigned projects with Co-Director of Biostatistics Core
- Perform additional duties, as assigned
Master's Degree and 3 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Perelman School of Medicine
$59,703.00 - $113,435.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.