Lecturer/Associate Professor in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
4 days left
- Full Time
Lecturer/Associate Professor in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (1700)
School: School of Advanced Technology
Department: Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Position Title: Lecturer/Associate Professor
Location: Suzhou Campus
Advertisement Closing Date: 31st January 2021
University and School Description:
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a unique collaborative institution and the first joint-venture university in China to offer both UK (University of Liverpool) and Chinese (Ministry of Education) accredited undergraduate degrees for all programmes. Formed in 2006, the first cohort of students graduated in August 2010. The University now has almost 15,000 students studying on campus. The language of instruction is English. XJTLU aims to become truly research-led, and has recently committed significant investment into research development and the expansion of PhD student numbers on campus.
XJTLU is located in the Higher Education Town of Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP). Suzhou has been ranked the 74th most liveable city in the 2018 Global Liveability Index. Additionally, it is well-connected via nearby airports to cities such as Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, and Taipei, and via high-speed rail to other major cities in China. SIP is a major growth zone, including operations run by nearly one-fifth of the Fortune 500 top global companies. Greater Suzhou is now the fourth largest concentration of economic activity in China in terms of GDP, and the SIP has a higher GDP per capita than the UK. The broader Suzhou area encompasses the spirit of both old and new in China, with the historic old town’s canals, UNESCO World Heritage Site gardens, and the I.M. Pei-designed Suzhou Museum attracting millions of tourists annually. SIP offers an excellent quality of life with high environmental standards. The nearby Jinji Lake provides attractive views, by day and by night, and there is a variety of shopping facilities, international and local restaurants, entertainment hubs and nightlife. Suzhou is also home to four international schools.
The School of Advanced Technology has five departments (intelligent Science, Computing, Mechatronics and Robotics, Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Communications and networking). As a research and practice-led school our faculty and staff are committed to providing our students with a challenging and stimulating environment, as well as unlocking their full potential. Upon graduation, students will become highly-sought-after candidates with strong academic knowledge as well as extensive transferable skills in communication, team-work and project management.
Areas of expertise in Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering : Energy and Power, Semiconductor integrated circuit manufacture/design (analogue, digital, RF, mixed signal)
Informal enquiries about the positions and the Department may be addressed to Head of the Department, Dr Mark Leach at Mark.Leach@xjtlu.edu.cn
Roles & Responsibilities:
Applicants will have extensive teaching experience, have published high quality papers in their area of expertise, have been successful in obtaining research grants, and have substantial experience in the supervision of research students. The successful candidate, in addition to teaching typically two modules/courses per year (i.e. one per semester), will provide leadership in curriculum development and enhancing our research profile at the international level. They are expected to assume administrative responsibilities based on their experience.
- Self-motivated and being able to motivate others;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Strong team player;
- Proactive and flexible but with good respect for deadlines;
- Able to work in an environment where diversity and inclusiveness is appreciated.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- A PhD in computer science or a closely aligned area and PG Cert HE or equivalent;
- Ideally few years of teaching/research experience at a university or equivalent after completion of PhD degree;
- PhD supervision capacity;
- Strong publications record in an area of expertise;
- Evidence of success in obtaining research grants;
- Fluency in English.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Professional memberships such as BCS, IET, ACM, IEE and HEA;
- Strong knowledge / experience in international higher education.
Salary is based on experience and qualification.The scales for salary are:
- Senior Associate Professor: 41,686 - 44,174RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 47,422RMB based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post)
- Associate Professor: 34,783 - 37,469RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 41,063RMB based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post)
- Assistance Professor: 27,929 - 30,762RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 34,219RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post)
- Lecturer: 16,937- 24,610/month (with the opportunity to go to 27,514RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post)
Members of Academic Staff are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel, and children’s educational, medical insurance, and a one-time relocation allowance is provided. Overseas staff may receive a tax “holiday”, depending on nationality and personal circumstances.
Citizenship and Visa Regulations:
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 65 may be not eligible for a work visa in the P.R. China.
Please submit your application on our university website, the apply link is https://career15.sapsf.cn/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=1700&company=xjtlu .
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact Details for Three References
For general enquiries, please email the Recruiting Team at Xinyun.Yang@xjtlu.edu.cn. Please quote the position and job ID in your enquiry.