About this Opportunity
- Continuing, Full-Time
- School of Engineering and Technology
- CQUniversity Cairns
- Generous relocation package available
- Total Remuneration $224,485 pa (including salary of $189,693 pa plus 17% superannuation and 12.96% leave loading)
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
Working at CQUniversity
CQUniversity has joined forces with Qantas, Virgin, and Hinterland Aviation to develop a world-leading aviation program that provides practical flight training for students from our Cairns airport base. With one of the largest and fastest-growing footprints of any University in Australia, CQUniversity is on a phenomenal trajectory, with strong growth in student numbers, courses, campuses and accolades. We are bring our focus on engaged and innovative education to benefit students, industry and communities in the Cairns area and beyond.
As Professor of Aviation, you will contribute to the development of ongoing and future undergraduate and postgraduate academic programs. This includes development of flight operations related programs, such as pilot training, flight instructor courses, flight safety and flight maintenance, in accordance with CASA regulations and aviation industry standards. You will develop aviation programs at specific campuses with a view to implement across all CQUniversity campuses using the distance learning model.
You are a strong educational leader with a proven track record of research, learning, teaching and engagement in the Aviation field, and will contribute to the strategic objectives of the School and the wider University. You will provide a high level of academic leadership to the discipline, School and University through initiating and participating in activities such as internal and/or external teaching, research and development activities. You will critically evaluate the operation of the teaching programs and make recommendations to senior management regarding improvements or innovation.
If you are an established leader in the Aviation field looking to contribute to this innovative area of our University, apply today.
- Extensive flight instructor experience in flight training institutions; or in the training division of an airline company; and hold a current or expired CPL/ATPL license in Australia.
- Extensive knowledge of aviation industry and proven academic experience in the development and delivery of aviation programs at the university level in accordance with the requirements of the aviation industry and CASA regulations (Part 61).
- Doctoral degree in Aviation or a related discipline (or equivalent industry experience) with a strong international reputation within the aviation industry.
For further information about this position, please refer to the Position Description.
Apply today for a career that changes lives
Applications Close: 1:59 pm, Thursday, 18 February 2021
Job Requisition ID: 304
When submitting your application, please include: Your Current CV or Resume, and a 1-2 page Cover Letter. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.